LEDS keep flashing

WassimN…when you say Dismount…are you talking about Safe Eject using either the rt mouse Eject or the Eject tool in the lower tool bar by the clock?

• I notice that not all USB connected devices have an Eject on the rt mouse(esp WD devices using WD software). All seem to have a Eject in the task bar utility. Getting a msg about being used on WD devices is because there are many WD apps running (see task manager, under process). There has been a recent discussion on this: My passport won't shut down properly. Help please
  • the above Device Manager allowed me to Safe Eject the Passport devices that I have mounted.
  • Now, when I Safe Eject and leave the USB connected, yes…there is a blinking lite on the unit…I believe that there is still power going to the drive, and ejecting it does not actually power it down. There is a Power Management item in the above link.
  • now what is curious…you say that whey you shut the PC down, there is still a blinking lite. Unless your USB is a powered one (one that allows charging) when PC is off, then I don’t know.
  • try different USB’s or, if you have a Flash(thumb) drive that lites up, then try this unit into that blinking port.