Latest Java 7 update (51) kills remote acces

fksobe wrote:

what is the point of MyCloud if you can not securly and remotely access your data. Lowering the security level is the stupidist thing I ever hear of; one key selling point is security. 

Either they fix this or it goes back in the box and back to Best Buy; and I stick with Dropbox and ICloud’s limited abilities. 

It WAS fixed two weeks ago.

yeah…Tony…about that…notice the date on this screen shot - I have to disagree with your post that this was fixed two weeks ago since I am still having the same problem.

not as of yesterday.

i purchased my MyCloud yesterday, set it up, ran up the web interface and I get the JAVA notice and then say ok and the i get a white box with big blue letters — 

JAVA 

so it maybe be fixed somewhere but not on my MACBook

Folks. this issue that this thread is about is different than the issue you are reporting.   Yeah, I know it’s confusing because lots of people were muddying the waters.  But, the issue caused by Java update 7 and the change of security required WAS FIXED two weeks ago.

Your issue is different.

Due to the fact that this particular issue was resolved, I am closing this thread.  However, we will escalate your current issues to be looked into further.