Latest Firmware and what themes?

I’m still on the firmware that came with my WD HUB when i bought it (2.06.10). I’m afraid to upgrade it because i think no themes, like Joeys Aeonish Media Flag theme that i love and use will not work anymore.  But there have been so many fixes and enhancements in the last few firmware upgrades that im rly  tempted to update.  If i update to the latest firmware what themes would i be still able to use? 

Thanks!

kingb33 wrote:

I’m still on the firmware that came with my WD HUB when i bought it (2.06.10). I’m afraid to upgrade it because i think no themes, like Joeys Aeonish Media Flag theme that i love and use will not work anymore.  But there have been so many fixes and enhancements in the last few firmware upgrades that im rly  tempted to update.  If i update to the latest firmware what themes would i be still able to use? 

Thanks!

mine (Black Mamba) works with 2.06.10 upwards and will always be adjusted to work with the mos recent version.

there are lots of new features in the new firmware if you care for the web services at all , i really started to enjoy them and use them quite often . Despite several reports it runs absolutely stable for me. My Live hub is idle for aproximately a month or so and did never cause me any bigger headaches. You can always downgrade your firmware .

1 Like

@kingb33

Aeonish Theme with Transparent Alpha Channel PNG’s will work with Firmware up to and including

Firmware 2.07.17

Any Firmware Higher than that … you will encounter the following

*  Transparent Alpha Channel PNG’s No Longer Display

*  MPAA ratings and in List,Preview,Video and Large Video Browse No Longer Display

*  Metadata for Folders Trick No Longer Works

*  “Artist” in Album playback is No Longer Display

*  Genre No Longer Displays in Preview View

*  Press and Holding the Navigation Arrow Buttons on the Remote Control now “jump” pages

*  Caching of Thumbnails rebuilds when changing “Views”

*  View “Backdrop Pictures” downloads all Pictures to HDD Source

just to name a few things  with   “latest”   Firmware

1 Like