Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

Hi StefanS

Sorry that is not possible, the PREVIEW View is exactly that. WD does not allow Themers to read the Actors/Plot/etc data and place it on the screen in PREVIEW View. You are comparing different Views here.

The DARK-Light screen you have displayed is from the GALLERY VIEW which is a different from the PREVIEW View.

The Kudos V4.1 has the following GALLERY VIEW. It is possible to display something similiar but that would involve creating a new THUMBGEN Template, graphics etc…

Cheers LB

I have a few quick questions.  I am new to this whole Theming Thing.  

1. What is the folder/file structure that is common for people to use?  

- I currently use the following:  Videos → MovieTitle (Folder) → MovieTitle.mkv

- the reason I do this is because right now not all my files are MKV’s and some are still video_ts or vob files.  

- If people are more likely to just put all the MKV files in one giant folder, then wouldn’t that folder be extremely cluttered with all these extra jpg files, etc?  

1. When I do see the moviesheet with all the information it looks pretty good.  For some reason though after a few seconds it switches to an image of the DVD cover, and then back to the movie sheet.  Is there a setting I need to change, or should I just delete the unnecessary jpg?  

2. Should I have media library on/off?  

3. Why do people prefer Linksheet or Moviesheet more? What is the difference?  

This is a fantastic theme and it makes it feel like a whole new device.  Thanks!  

Hi Wamblej

//What is the folder/file structure that is common for people to use?  

Place each movie into a GENRE Folder, and place a JPG file called FOLDER.JPG as its picture on WD SMP.

*HDD\Action* 300.mkv

\The Guardian.avi

\Terminator 2.mp4

\Bad Boys.mt2s

\Bad Boys 2.mt2s

\FOLDER.JPG   ← This is the GENRE JPG for Action Movies

*HDD\Comedy* Horrible Bosses.mkv

\The Hangover.avi

\The Hangover 2.mp4

\Ted.mt2s

\The Millers.mt2s

\FOLDER.JPG   ← This is the GENRE JPG for Comedy Movies

*HDD\Animation* Shrek.mkv

\FOLDER.JPG   ← This is the GENRE JPG for Animation Movies

etc

\When I do see the moviesheet with all the information it looks pretty good.  For some reason though after a few seconds it switches to an image of the DVD cover, and then back to the movie sheet.  Is there a setting I need to change, or should I just delete the unnecessary jpg?  

• Go to Settings and under Pictures/Photos change the time to 5 minutes

\Should I have media library on/off?  

Depends, some people like the Media Library ON (I like it ON) others prefer it off (speedier, but less features)

(Remember to Select SOURCE as My Media Library is Media Library is ON - press RED Button to select)

\Why do people prefer Linksheet or Moviesheet more? What is the difference?  

Linksheets are faster, better looking themes BUT you require Custom Firmware (Google Homebrew BRad)

Cheers LB

is there a live tv tab with this theme?  

Thank you for the quick response. Things are functioning very well!
I am not sure that I want to sort my movies into genres because I like browsing through all of them. If that is the case is the recommended structure:
Videos (folder) → VideoFile.mkv… Along with all the associated XML and jpg files?

Hi, this is the first moviesheet theme I have tried since getting my smp a few weeks ago.

It all appears to work correctly, but the interface feels a bit slow and laggy. I have cleared my library and rebooted, also tried turning media library off, but it’s still slow. This is particularly a problem in the Gallery View, there is quite a delay in showing the movie info, it looks like it is something to do with the ‘transistions’ (where the info sheet slides into view)

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can speed it up a little, or is this to be expected using moviesheet themes?

Edit: To answer my own question, it is now greatly improved. I deleted the .wdtv folder, but the main difference was changing the transistion setting under Photos to ‘normal’ (it was on random)

There is now a delay in showing the moviesheet of maybe a second or so, but it feels much smoother and looks really good.

The problem is now I know what I am doing I will probably try out a load of different themes, and no doubt come back to Kudos as it looks great.

I have a quick question.  I am currently using the 4.2 beta because I wanted to get rid of Ms. Perry as well.  I am not sure if it is because I am using the beta or if it is just using an alternative theme from the default but I have a minor issue.  

I like to play home videos on random.  Usually they do this just fine and it works very well, however recently I have noticed that there is a 2-5 minute pause between each video.  Again I am not sure that it is related to the theme, but it definitely started happening at the same time.  Thanks for any suggestions.  

I love your theme!!!  Thanks for the hard work.  I’d like to make some menu pages as well, could you tell us the font you use for the menu items? (or better yet, make it available as an upload :wink:

Thanks so much!

I’ve been using this theme for ~9+ months now and I have to say that I love it. I haven’t been on here much in the last 9 months, but had to log in to look for any updates for my old SMP, and to install the newest theme on my newest SMP. I have to say that I’m EXCITED that this theme is still being updated and going strong. I updated to latest beta and have been using it this evening without any issues. (I do not use it for TV episodes, so can not comment on these).

Lesterbangs, your response to me back in December (and subsequent responses) telling us how to get rid of the extra cover image in the upper left corner, as well as your responses on how to get rid of the stars and hearts ratings have made this the absolutely perfect “movie jukebox” for me.

Unlike most people here, I have all of my movies in separate folders with all artwork and supporting files, and not in genres. All movie folders are under a single folder “HD MOVIES”, with folder.jpg in each movie folder. Movies are all on locally attached HDD storage. I also use moviesheets that I fell in love with a long time ago…brightly dark. Your movie sheets are fantastic, but I just have always loved brightly dark.

Being able to (slightly) customize your theme for my use makes me a VERY happy camper.

I was moderately sad to see iron man and KP’s beautiful blues go, but change is a good things, and the new menu pages are killer. Really love them. Bane and the bat will be with me until you tire of them as well.

Once again…thanks so much. And thanks to the other posters who keep this thread going as well.

Hey LB. Awesome job on this theme, really love it. 

I’ve been trying to replace some of your PNG’s (main screen - videos, etc.) but not having any success. Replacing any of them and re-zipping causes an “invalid file” error on upload. PNGs are the same frame size, no alpha… not sure what the problem could be. Have you seen this before?

Many thanks!

Hi there. I’m not LB but I’ll answer anyway!!

How are you re-zipping? I think themes have to be zipped with no compression and at root level, so give that a try.  I also know that Internet Explorer can cause problems when uploading themes.  You could also try another browser, i.e. firefox or Chrome.

Kind Regards

Thanks mate! That sorted it. Excellent. 

Hi lester,

Just a question, is there anyway to change the tv show covers to something different? Im coming from the black mamba theme and they are both similiar, in the way of episode on top of the cover and season on the right side of the cover. Can I change this at all? Maybe have episode and season written underneath the cover? In no way am I asking you to do this, just looking to be put in the right direction. Please dont take this the wrong way, your theme is great.

Cheers

Hi vy_ss

vy_ss wrote:

Hi lester,

Just a question, is there anyway to change the tv show covers to something different? Im coming from the black mamba theme and they are both similiar, in the way of episode on top of the cover and season on the right side of the cover. Can I change this at all? Maybe have episode and season written underneath the cover? In no way am I asking you to do this, just looking to be put in the right direction. Please dont take this the wrong way, your theme is great.

Cheers

Maybe try this Bundle… Its off the V6 Theme…  Pictures…

Thumbgen Bundle V6

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77156002/Folders/DarklightMod%20Files/V6/Bundle%20Kudos%20V6.bundle

Matching GENRE Covers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77156002/Folders/DarklightMod%20Files/V6/V6_CoversB.zip

Cheers LB

Cheers mate, just what I`m looking for. 

Thanks 

Hi Lester,

I’ve successfully managed to get the Kudos V4.2 beta 7 theme up and running nicely on my WDTV Gen 3 box ( many thanks for that!).

However, I am unable to install the V6 Kudos bundle you mentioned in Thumbgen. I have the V4.1 Kudos bundle installed fine in Thumbgen (version 1.3.8.3). When I try to install the V6 bundle, the process just hangs (I waited about 10 minutes before giving up). I uninstalled and reinstalled the V4.1 bundle just to make sure everything was working ok.

Any ideas? I have tried on 2 PCs (both running Windows 7 SP1).

Cheers,

Mark.

ukmark wrote:

Hi Lester,

I’ve successfully managed to get the Kudos V4.2 beta 7 theme up and running nicely on my WDTV Gen 3 box ( many thanks for that!).

However, I am unable to install the V6 Kudos bundle you mentioned in Thumbgen. I have the V4.1 Kudos bundle installed fine in Thumbgen (version 1.3.8.3). When I try to install the V6 bundle, the process just hangs (I waited about 10 minutes before giving up). I uninstalled and reinstalled the V4.1 bundle just to make sure everything was working ok.

Any ideas? I have tried on 2 PCs (both running Windows 7 SP1).

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi Mark

I’ll look into it tonight, I just made the bundle and have not tried to install it on a fresh install. Just fyi… I run my PC on Win64SP1 also.

Back shortly.

Cheers LB

Thanks Lester,

One more ?

I have one TV series (In Search of Medieval Britain). It has an IMDB # (tt1245422), but when I use Thumbgen, it finds the IMDB text info, but does not find any images. TheTVDB.com website does know about the series and does have the episodes listed and a decent cover image. The Season and Episode numbers do not get filled in inside Thumbgen (all other TV series have been fine). I can’t find a way to force the series and episode numbers to appear in the covers.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks again,

Mark.

This is a messy way, but it will work.

Create a new folder on your hard drive, use a Series you know that works, for example Heroes/Season1/

Create 6 text files, then name them as the episodes should be for Heroes (or whatever Series you pick), and change the .txt to avi.

Do a search against and then delete the info and pictures from the collected info inside the TG windows, and paste in the info from Tvdb, and the images you want for your series.

Obviously check the first one that you have the correct info once created where you need it, and should all be good.

Then copy whatever sheets etc this theme needs into the correct folder.

Both Imdb and Tvdb links seem to be broken one way or another, so I think its the only way to do it.

As I said it is a bit messy, but you will get what you want after a bit of messing about.

"…

Hi Lester,

I’ve successfully managed to get the Kudos V4.2 beta 7 theme up and running nicely on my WDTV Gen 3 box ( many  thanks for that!).

However, I am unable to install the V6 Kudos bundle you mentioned in Thumbgen."…

Hi UKMark

Fixed Thumbgen Bundle… Link Updated above and on V6 Theme Post

Cheers LB