Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

I’m having trouble with my thumbnails some some reason. I select the movie and when I generate it, the other movies have the same thumbnail.

Are my settings correct?

Feslmogh,

I am getting a handle on Thumbgen myself these days. The only thing that stood out to me was that you don’t have the “Thumbnail” box ticked under “Generate”. I didn’t either, because of a screenshot in TinWarble’s guide, seen here:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?82991053b0fr50b

I have tried a bunch of different settings, but I currently have that Thumbnail boxed checked. I am generating extra files in case I change themes. I will be able to generate new moviesheets from metadata. All is working well for me.

I also read Lesterbang’s guide, tailored to his Kudos theme. Download it here:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77156002/Folders/Read%20this%20FIRST…%20KUDOS%20Setup%20Guide%20Rev%20A00.pdf

The only other suggestion is to make sure you are checking your Thumbs from inside the actual folder, as the SMP can sometimes not update (I use “Restart Device” in such cases).

Good luck! Hopefully someone with more hard-won experience will follow with a better solution.

Firstly I love the theme it’s great! Thanks for all the effort.

Now I seem to have the theme working but struggling with the sheets. I generate as normal like I used to do with my old WD TV Live but on this the sheet isn’t showing. I have checked the folder and the sheet is there but it’s not showing on the actual TV. Any ideas why?

Hi jonesad24,

I would suggest posting some screenshots of your settings in Thumbgen. Particularly the input/output naming options page. Also, under the Moviesheets tab, I have Current Moviesheets Templates\Main\Kudos V4_1 Moviesheets. Extra and Spare are set to Kudos V4_1 Movie Cover Clear, and DVD, respectively. I don’t think those really matter though. My current profile on the Home tab is Kudos V4_1 Moviesheets Clear.

I have kind of fumbled my way through it, but it’s working now with those settings.

Good luck!

Hi thanks for the reply. The sheets are generating fine on thumbgen just not been recognised. Here’s the settings.

http://postimg.org/image/xk8rvvwoz/

And this is what the look like in the folder

http://postimg.org/image/trgj7x1c7/

I managed to get the sheets to show but getting some strange results. Firstly when I scroll onto a movie the sheet comes up fine but takes over a minute for the back picture to appear and when it does appear the pic is of some random movie and not the one it should be.

Can anyone provide a link to the latest version of Thumbgen (Latest version: 1.3.5.2)

At the moment, clicking on the link results in a “account suspended”.

Thanks

In reply to Jonesad24,

Try changing the setting for Main Movie Sheet after the .jpg to “Custom”. That’s what mine is and it works for me.

Cheers, I have tried that and it didn’t make a difference. To be honest I can live with it taking a while to load but what is doing my head in is my genre folders thumbs, There all ok except action and drama for some reason those two are showing movie thumbs and not genre. I have deleted the thumbs, deleted the hidden files in the .wd folder I have reset the box about 10 times, turned media library on and off but nothing seems to work.

The moviesheets should display within 3 seconds at the most.

Check your xml file.  There will be a section in there called backdrop.  These are the names of the files that will be loaded and displayed as the backdrop.  Make sure they are in the same folder as the movie.

Prometheus_sheet.jpg
Prometheus.jpg

Make sure your genre folder thumbs are named either

folder.jpg

or

1.metathumb

If neither of those file names are present, then the WDTV will use the first jpg that it finds as the thumbnail could be why yours are displaying movie thumbnails…  Check that you don’t have a space in the file name.

Yeah there exactly how they should be. This is my folder

http://postimg.org/image/ibxs5ohs7/

All the 7 genre’s are the same but 2 don’t show so I’m very confused.

@jonesad24

looking at your screenshot … i’m guessing “From Paris With Love” is displaying as your folder image.

(when you want the Batman image to be the folder image)

Your problem is the From Paris With Love.metathumb … “.metathumbs” are given 1st Priority display rights over .jpg’s

Step 1: Windows 7 Show file extensions    http://askabouttech.com/how-to-show-file-extension-in-windows-7/

[This is Important because, if you rename folder image to 1.metathumb … you are not changing the file extension, you are only changing the name ie. Windows will see it as 1.metathumb.jpg]

Step 2: rename your folder.jpg to 1.metathumb

or delete ALL .metathumbs (since you already have the poster for From Paris With Love) and keep the folder.jpg

[Remember all of the above requires deleting .wd_tv / Clear Media Library / Rebooting]

Mate you’re a star! Worked a treat. I have been pulling my hair out the past couple days. As I’m now on a roll there’s another small thing that’s bugging me but not sure if I should as in the Thumbgen forum rather than here. For some reason it seems to be saving pictures from previous searches, For example at the bottom left where you select what back picture you want the first 4 or so are stored there and won’t go.

Below is when I processed 21 and over but the pic is from Prometheus, For some reason no matter what movile I load in Thumbgen the first 4 pics are always the same.

http://postimg.org/image/6z1fctm6p/

The (extra) moviesheet in Thumbgen is named “$M$N” right now. If I would change it to “$M$N_cover” what do I have to change, that the template is supporting this and is working. Do I have to modify any .xml files? Thanks!

Anyone else have a problem with the moviesheet not showing the surround speaker boxes with any movie encoded into true hd. Non of my files that are true hd show anything just a single black square box.

Thanks Paul

\Anyone else have a problem with the moviesheet not showing the surround speaker boxes with any movie encoded into true hd. 

When you look at TRUE HD it will come up as “6/8” channels. Thumgben cannot workout what this means, so it defaults to STEREO icon. You have to Manually configure the MEDIA INFO in thumbgen to reaf say 6 or 7 and you will get the surround sound icon.

Cheers LB

First of all thanks for the reply.

I have tried a Truehd file and open the movieinf in the bottom left hand pane part of Thumbgen.

When opened I press the edit media info and it shows audio channel as 8. No matter what number I put in here when I manually refresh the moviesheet the box still stays blank.

I tried a TrueHD, 8 Channel file. All ok. See below

I suspect you are missing a PNG file called 8.png under …</em>Templates\Common\sound_format\channels

See…

Cheers LB

Youre right thats what I was missing. I just went back to the beginning and reinstalled the bundle. My problem now is I have to go into the template file and manually adjust the size of the font for the Plot, Cast and the Video Ratio as they are cut off in the original template.

Again thanks Lesterbangs

Hello,

instead of having the video preview.

Would it be possible to have something like this, I would prefer this movie description and a thumbnail. Maybe this is an option for the future?

Thanks for your feedback…