Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

Hi , I had the same problem , due to I think win regional settings.

Solved by changing following line :

_return (int)(totalWidth * rating / 10);

in return (int)(totalWidth * _rating / 100);

You can find it in Template.xslt file under thumbgen\templates\KUDOS Movie Transparent V4</em>

ciao

frank65 wrote:

Hi , I had the same problem , due to I think win regional settings.

Solved by changing following line :

_return (int)(totalWidth * rating / 10);

in return (int)(totalWidth * _rating / 100);

You can find it in Template.xslt file under thumbgen\templates\KUDOS Movie Transparent V4</em>

ciao

Thanks, that’s it. Working perfectly now.

Awesome theme, I finally have all my moviesheets converted from Darklight. 

Quick question - is there not a way to view trailers with this theme?  When I go to the options off the movie, the normal Move, Delete, Facebook, etc. options are there but there isn’t an option to view the trailer.  I’ve confirmed that the URL for the trailer is in the movie XML.  I do have the Media Library turned off and everthing else seems to be working fine.  Firmware is 1.10.13, is that the issue? 

Thanks

Please try it with Media Library turned ON… I’m running firmware 1.10.13, media library ON and a different theme with the option of Trailers… Please try.

Regards LB

1 Like

OK thanks, I’ll give that a try.  I turned the Media Library off after if seemed I didn’t get any value from it, the way I access my files.

Lesterbangs wrote:

Hi Oenahs

Your Problem is  WDTV 1.12.14 FW

Please downgrade the firmware to 1.10.13. Instructions here

Its a bug with WD Firmware and it effects all Moviesheet Themes

Regards

LB

Is firmware 1.10.13 the highest firmware it will work with?

Hi Redbadger93

\ Is firmware 1.10.13 the highest firmware it will work with?… No

It works with all revisions of Firmware, but after Firmware 1.10.13, Moviesheets generated for TV Shows Do Not Display. Its a bug/feature of the WD firmware and effects all Moviesheet themes, not just Kudos.

Also after 1.10.13, you can only connect to 10 Network Folders in the primary path, which makes it difficult if you have a number of NAS devices and have the WD SMP connect to a high number of GENRE folders spread across those NAS devices. 1.10.13 and below have a more manageable limit of 20 Network connections.

Cheers LB

\It works with all revisions of Firmware, but after Firmware 1.10.13, Moviesheets generated for TV Shows Do Not Display.

I use firmware 1.13.18 and the TV Show Moviesheets works fine. I think they fixed the bug.

I had a couple questions:

1. I am using Gallery View Browser Display, in Thumbgen I am using the bluray moviesheet. I go on my smp and hang over a title and the movie information on the main page keeps alternating between the bluray picture of the movie and the movie information (3 seconds between - impossible to read the plot). The main reason I am using the theme is because I would like to read the plot/mpaa rating for the guest I invite over. Is there a way to correct this so it doesn’t show the bluray movie picture on the top portion of the screen and it only shows the movie info?

2. I also can not figure how to change the sort of the movies, in the original theme you would just have to go to the top of the screen to change it. How do you change the sort of the movies?

This is the first theme that actually worked with my smp (since previous times I always been ahead on the firmwares vs the themes. I love it, thank the OP for all his hard work.

@singalongjonl

1. Setup > Photo Settings [Sildeshow Sequence= Normal]  [Slideshow Transition= Fade] [Sildeshow Interval Time= 5mins]

2. On your Remote Control Press remote_control_color_key_a.png

Thank you for your time replying to my noobish questions. I appreciate it.

Would it be okay to update to the newest firmware on this theme?

I tried to update but it was stuck at 18%, I held the power button down and restarted it. I turned off the auto check update option. Hope I didn’t break anything for shutting down during update.

I updated to 1.14.09…it’s fine.

Hi NOOB here.

How do you resize the fonts in this theme (moviesheets clear)?

Thanks

\How do you resize the fonts in this theme (moviesheets clear)?

Go to  ** \Thumbgen V1.3\Templates\KUDOS V4_1 Moviesheets  and open up TEMPLATE.XML**

You will see code under lines   <TextElement Name  like

<TextElement Name=“Show title” X=“263” Y=“34” Width=“370” Height=“30” AutoSize=“False” Multiline=“False” Font="Arial,14, Point,0" ForeColor=“-1” StrokeColor=“-1” …

In the above example Font in 14. Change this number (e.g. 14 to 16). Make sure the  Height is always “4” above the font size.  e.g. Font = 22 Height=“26”

Cheers LB

1 Like

Hey,

Great work on this theme. It’s looks amazingly good.

Was wondering if you could make another genre for me, named “Kids”.

I have some stuff for my toddler, and “Family” doesn’t really work.

Thanks for the amazing theme.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found them on page #4.

Now for a different question.

How do you get the text for the MPAA rating like you have in your movie sheets. (in the bottom left corner)

All I see is PG13, or R… Nothing like “Contains scene of violence, nudity, etc…”

I have a feeling it’s based with the IMDB country I use… I set it to US like you have in your configuration screens… but it still doesn’t seem to work.

Did you fill out those fields manually?

So I did some searching around… and it looks like there’s a bug in Thumbgen’s IMDB scraper, which seems to be the case.

What I’m seeing is, the US certification is being used in the mpaa field regardless of what I choose in the IMDB settings page.

Been looking for an old version of Thumbgen, but can’t seem to find one.

If anyone has 1.3.0.0 or 1.3.1.4 handy, please send me a PM.

Half my movies aren’t even getting any information populated.

Here is Thumbgen1.3.0.0 for anyone who needs it.  (Tested %MPAA% … works fine)

https://hotfile.com/dl/198323252/57a7315/ThumbGen_1.3.0.0.zip.html

Thanks for a very nice theme.

I have few questions:

1. Do you allow us to change some of the images you use for our personal use? If yes can we do it in Photoshop, respecting resolution and bitdepth of your images?

2. Is there a way to use original movie cover wich already exist with movies before we Thumbgen them AUTOMATICALLY?

3. I noticed that when you show moviesheet it is on screen for a few seconds and than shows cover thumb and than goes back to sheet. Is there a way to switch it off and show only moviesheet (it is difficult to read)

4. No matter what I try some of your folder icons I want to use ARE NOT showing (some do). They keep old folder icons even if I delete them. Is there a easy way around?

5. Movie sheet bundle template works great, but TV series does not for me. I tried everything but it is a not go. In your manual it is very brief and I was wondering if there is some more detailed instruction?

Sorry for my “question spaming” but that is just a proof that I like your theme very much and would like to use it the best way it suits me.

Thanks in advance

Cal