KB2781272 UEFI Hotfix

I know this is an old request, which is precisely why I’m here. This is my first post.

I recently purchased an old DX4000, upgraded the memory to 4Gig, installed the OS from scratch using the ISO…long story short, everything looks good except…

I have some UEFI clients on my network that I cannot backup without the hotfix mentioned. Does anyone know how I can acquire it? It is no longer available on the Microsoft support site, at least no where I can find.

An y help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

My mistake…I need KB2781274.

Hi There,

I was pulling my DX4000 out of the closet to give to a colleague & figured I’d do a browse to see if there have been any updates since I last used the device.

I have a copy of the hot fix if you want it - still need?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me, and yes I do still need the hotfix. To be clear, I have Windows Server Essentials 2008 which means I need hotfix KB2781274 rather than the subject hotfix.

Please let me know if you’re still able to help.

Thank you!

Dave Davis

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Hey Dave,

Yea I got you, you need the actual executable from the KB which can no longer be found.
I’m doing this from my phone & don’t really want to play around with uploading the file somewhere so I’m just going to include a link to it on my Nextcloud server - FYI I have set the link to expire in 7 days (which should be more than enough time given how quickly you responded).

https://nextcloud.appoli.ddns.net/s/t7W7dXKnmFeJ5Nm

That’s the hotfix exe I got from that KB, but I honestly don’t even remember how I used it (I think I installed it on the DX4000 itself?) so I think it was for windows server 2012R2 as I think that’s what the NAS’ OS was (or does it run server 2008? I haven’t used it since 2015 or so).

Either way that should be what you’re looking for. If not let me know, I have a few other things saved for it as it was a real pain back then to get the files - this was before they openly shared the download links for the OS etc.

When I get some time I’ll check out the old links with way-back-machine & see if the site and downloads are cached.
If not & not available somewhere else I’ll look into uploading the file somewhere more acceptable for general consumption (or if it’s the right stuff you can pay it forward and look for a home for it as well :slight_smile:).

Lemme know if everything works out
-Allen

Is this hot fix available somewhere? The above link and Microsoft and a no go.

see if this works

Thanks… Got that installed…