June 13, 2023 WD Product Security Notice: Western Digital My Cloud OS 5 Firmware Update

For those who missed the June 13th, 2023 notice. WD has issued a product security update for OS5 My Cloud units. OS5 My Cloud users should immediately update their devices firmware to 5.26.202 or later to address security vulnerabilities. If you suddenly cannot access the WD Cloud services, check your device’s firmware version and update if it is below 5.26.202. See the following notice for more information and impacted devices.

Product Security - Western Digital My Cloud OS 5, My Cloud Home and SanDisk ibi Firmware Update

For My Cloud Devices:

Firmware versions 5.26.202 and above address critical vulnerabilities. Please see Release Notes and Security Bulletin for more details.

Devices on firmware below 5.26.202, will not be able to connect to Western Digital cloud services starting June 15, 2023, and users will not be able to access data on their device through mycloud.com and the My Cloud OS 5 mobile app until they update the device to the latest firmware. Users can continue to access their data via Local Access.

To update to the latest firmware, go to the My Cloud OS 5 dashboard and initiate the update. If you need instructions on how to perform these steps, please visit our support article.

Hi @Bennor,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

@Keerti_01 open a support case for what? Not sure why what was posted indicates or warrants a support case creation. Take note of what was posted. It is to make people aware of a WD product security notice.

1 Like

. . .you have been struck by the Keerti bot… . . .