Joomla Access to "Public - Shared Puctures"

Bernd_s wrote:

I also can’t write from my desktop into /Joomla/Joomla_2.5.6/images this File System seems to be protected by WD My Cloud.

Missed the above comment of yours earlier. I am not sure why you are unable to write to the Images directory. Well, first, I am not sure how exactly you are trying to write to it. The simplest way would be to use Joomla upload file feature…but that might be too slow if you need to upload a large set of fils/pictures, since I think you can only upload one file at a time. But you should be able to copy directly to the directory…I know I had done just that in the past. I am not sure how exactly you are tryng to copy. If you are using SSH (command line) or using a Mac/Windows to copy. If using Mac/Windows, I am surprised you were able to pull up the images directory  under Joomla directory in the first place. It’s best to use SSH to copy a large set of files - but yes, that means either you already are comfy with Linux/Unix commands to copy and navigate or you’ll need to google a couple simple command syntaxes (how to copy files and how to change directory) and then copy your files from  “/mnt/HD/HD_a2/Public/Shared Pictures”  to  /mnt/HD/HD_a2/Nas_Prog/Joomla/Joomla_2.5.6/  (assuming they are stored under Public/Shared Pictures) - note if you are copying them from Shared Pictures the double quotes around the path name is important because of the space between Shared and Pictures - alternately you can escape the space but if you are not familiar with Linux it’s simpler to use dounle quotes).

Here is another thread from me on Joomla. It won’t answer your specific questions but has some info (esp. about upload file size) that you might find useful →   http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud-EX2/Need-help-with-Joomla-install/m-p/774765

If any of my answers help you, please click the star under my username to the left of this post to give me a kudo.

1 Like