Issues with PLEX and My Cloud Home

I did a bit more testing with this, monitoring what the PLEX web app does when the My Cloud Home is restarted. The media on the server appears offline while the device is off, understandably. When the device is powered back on, PLEX then systematically deletes EVERYTHING from all of the libraries - it actually shows this in the PLEX activity log as just sequentially deleting every library item. The folders then rescan automatically and the library contents are added again as they were the first time, of course that means all the library metadata is back to whatever it was before I corrected anything.

This is obviously completely useless, I can’t be having to completely reset my whole library if the device ever happens to be restarted. I tried turning off any settings on PLEX along the lines of ‘update my library automatically’ etc, but even then the same thing happens.

Not impressed with this device at all. Retailers won’t normally take returns on things like this once they’ve been unboxed but given how bad this is I might try anyway on the grounds that this device is not fit for purpose.

2 Likes