Issues On How To Get Better Quality Images

Hello,

I am using the WD TV Play to display my pictures from my USB Stick, however, the picture quality, it is not as clear and crisp as I expect from an HD display. I am getting poor photo quality during playback.

I use high quality JPEGs, (7360X4912 pixels per inch).  I cropped my images to 16:9 Ratio, I tried resizing  them to fit a HD 1080p display, I have also tried exporting my pictures as TIFF files.

The Images are not very sharp. I see some pixalization artifacts In the JPEGs, and jaggedy edges on the TIFF files.

When I try the “Zoom and Pan” feature, even when I put images at full resolution, it seems to only zoom within the active screen area. It is not reading the full resolution of the picture file, and the images look terribly pixely.

I also tried using the Picasa Photo App, but the image quality is worse.

The pixalization artifacts In the JPEGs is worse and the TIFF files appear to be blurry. Picasa seems to be downscaling photo resolution.

The photo thumbnails are also extremely grainy and pixilated, no matter on Picasa or just reading off USB.

I am connect via HDMI. I have tried different picture and colour settings on the monitor, I made sure the WD TV box settings were also set to 1080p @ 60Hz to match my monitor.

Is this as good as it gets? Is the Device compressing my images? Could it be the monitor?

Is there a way to improve the image quality?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Just a guess, but try deleting the EXIF thumbnail from an image and see if it improves.