ISO file support on Live Hub

Hi,

I have put a ISO movie file (Blu-ray disc) content into the Media Server. Its in fact a 3D Movie. The good thing is that my Media Server is able to play it but it plays it as normal 2D content only. I am using a HDMI 1.4 cable only which supports 3D.

Also another thing, I found is that it doesn’t stream that file alone but it does streams all other content. At least my TV / PS3 used to detect all files (Even unsupported files) and say unsupported file format while trying to play it but in this case,  I dont see that folder either.

Why is it so? When the file extension is supported and played as at least as 2D content, why don’t it stream it?

The ISO file size is 47GB.  So I did wait for even more than 2 hrs to check if the TV / PS3 detects it. 

Kindly help me out with answers to my above queries.

Thanks,

ramanan

I am having a very hard time understanding your concern.

You put an ISO file in your “Media Server.”  What media server is that?   Most media servers don’t support ISOs.

Hi,

Really sorry about that. I meant my WD TV Live Hub Media Player only. It can read the ISO file (3D blu-ray content) but it plays as 2D movie only.

I am not able to stream it either and it doesn’t look like streaming this file only not even that folder is visible in my TV or my PS3. 

I use HDMI 1.4 cable only to connect from Media Player to my 3D TV but still I could see only a 2D movie of the same.  What could be the problem for it not playing it as 3D and also why it couldn’t stream this file alone when it can play this file.

Kindly help me out with answers.

Thanks,

ramanan

You’re correct.   The WD’s do not play 3D BD’s as 3D, only 2D.   I don’t know of but only one Media Player that can play 3D BD’s as 3D.

And yes, you cannot “Stream” ISOs.   You can only SHARE them.  That’s a limitation of DLNA protocol, but SMB is fine.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the detailed info.  Could you please explain what SMB means ?

Also, if you can help with answer if possible - Is there a way i can move this 3D movie(.iso file) to PS3 in any means from my Media Player to check if at least that can play it from its hard disk.

Thanks,

ramanan

SMB = SAMBA, or “Network Share.”

I have no idea about the PS3…