Is there an alternate NVR available?

Has anyone used the POE Cameras with an alternate NVR system? Support is going to eventually stop, (i.e., app and system cr@p out) but these cameras are great for me and this community just isn’t big enough that someone would hack it with an open-source operating system and I doubt that WD would even provide source code on this system.

I thought I read the camera protocols allowed for them to be used in other systems, but I haven’t found or looked for, the documentation yet.

Edit: I came back to say that TinyCam works great with the ReadyView system (so far). I have used it on my Android phone for my Wyze Cameras and just got it to work with WD ReadyView. I don’t know the iOS equivalent as the developer only has the app available for Android.

If anyone is interested to know how it works, let me know and I’ll write something up.

1 Like

I’d be interested in the TinyCam writeup!

1 Like

Cool. I’ll get something put together in the next few days. I’ll make another reply so you get the notification.

KKrummen,

I purchased the WD Readyview a view years ago, installed during the construction of my new home, ran and hid all the camera wiring hooked it up and turned it on. DID NOT have internet access at the time, so I just let WD Readyview record to the hard drive.

Some time later I finally got internet access and began to download and operate/view the cameras from my Android phone. THEN I find out the software is no longer available, and neither is ANY support available. System still running but have no way to view it.

I would be VERY interested in your experience and help with the TinyCam you mentioned some time ago.

Thanks for any help

I’ll need to review how I did it again so I can write up proper details.

There are several methods I’ve discovered over the past year, one was TinyCam, but you don’t necessarily need that app or even the Western Digital one because once you know how to just manage it through the web, and assuming you know your systems password, you can use almost any app that manages camera connections.

I understand that’s a lot to take in and I don’t fully expect everyone to be technically-minded, whether you are or not, I’m just saying all is not lost, even if WD fully gives up on the system and it’s apps.

I’m pretty busy at the moment, but I’ll see if I can find some time to help you or anyone else that comes across this post.