Is my WD TV Live Hub DEAD?

This is really frustrating. After going around with hard resets … rolling back the firmware … updating the firmware … booting … rebooting …
I have only been able to achieve a temporary fix … maybe lasting a few minutes.
Each time I have been able to get the system to recognize the videos … I use the thumbnail preview as I scroll selections … when I know I am in trouble is when it starts to not recognize the video or audio codec of videos that it has before. When I start playing a movie and opt out to no longer play the video won’t stop playing … I don’t get video when I stop the play but the sound continues … the sound continues even when I turn the power off to the HUB??? What’s up with that?
Is this the hard drive??? Is the motherboard toast???
The other weird thing that happens when I scroll video the circular arrow will appear in the center of the screen and spin around while the video is playing!!!
So … please HHHEEELLLPPP.
If the consensus is my Hub is toast, then suggestions for a reliable replacement.
I have a NAS on my Network and I simply want to capture, store, movies, videos, programs and replay when I want.
What piece of hardware best does this?
Looking for replacement suggestions.
Thanks in advance

It sounds like something on the hub is failing, or maybe files have gotten corrupted. You might consider wiping the drive and starting over to see if it’s just the drive or the whole unit. You should back up your files, and then see if they’ll play on your computer first.

do you have an hard drive caddy, if so remove the hard drive and connect to pc, run scan on the drive to see if its failing, and back up any files if you can, and or get another hard drive for the hub