Is My Wd black 4 tb original or fake?

I want to buy wd black 4 tb and ı bought it.
I suspect the product is a fake because different name is written on the incoming product. İt have enterprise storage
ım forwarded the photo to you in mail
Can u tell ne please is this your product or fake?

If you Google Images “WD Black Enterprise” you’ll find a lot “Enterprise” drives (from 500GB to 4TB) have that Yellow “Enterprise Storage” label.

So, that’s nothing out of the ordinary and not anything to indicate it’s a fake.

Depending on where the drive is made (Thailand, Malaysia etc) labels will differ.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=wd+black+enterprise&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj4zezn5MfkAhUV7HMBHXWYAgIQ_AUIESgB&biw=1280&bih=607#imgrc=_

Now, with the Serial Number … you should not post those on a public forum for privacy as it is your Warranty.

So, even though the other user checked it and it came up as “Invalid” who knows, it could be an OEM drive which will have No Warranty from WD, but will from a 3rd Party (where you bought it.)

You should contact the place where you bought it from and also contact WD directly if you’re concerned that it is fake. WD take reports of fake hard drives seriously and should be able to help you.

1 Like

“If you Google Images “WD Black Enterprise” you’ll find a lot “Enterprise” drives (from 500GB to 4TB) have that Yellow “Enterprise Storage” label.”

WD’s “black” model does not have the “Enterpries” model. I think this looks like the WD RE enterpries model … …but the model code looks black.