Is my EX2 Ultra bricked?

I have solid blue LEDs in front and green blinking at the ethernet cable input as if it is communicating with the router however it is offline. We had a power outtage but all my equipment is plugged into surge protectors and my other EX2 (business) is fine. This is my home EX2 with personal files and has worked fine for years, now it won’t show in Windows explorer and the website says it is offline.
I did both the 4 second and 40 second reset with no change. Is there anything else I can try or do I need a new unit?

It wasn’t bricked after all. I don’t know what happened to it but after not being able to connect to it, doing the 4 second and then the 40 second reset several times I gave up and ordered a new one. Then on a lark, and none of it making sense, I took the hard drives OUT and booted it up. It was immediately seen by Windows and I could access the dashboard. I couldn’t do anything without the drives in so I dropped them in. It did a little but of a reset on it’s own but then I could log in to the dashboard and set up my former configuration. It is seen on the WD website now and is currently indexing. All my files are accessible through Windows Explorer again.
I canceled the order for a new one.
I hope this helps someone down the road. It’s the oddest thing I’ve seen an awhile.