Is Java available on EX2 ultra?

I’m thinking about to buy a WD My Cloud EX2 ultra, but I’ve still some doubts regarding available apps.

Can I see somewhere a list of all available apps?

Can I install Java on a EX2 ultra? Is Java available as an app? Otherwise, can someone give me a link to a tutorial on how to install? (I’m not afraid of a Linux command prompt)

Answer on Java is no.

http://setup.wd2go.com/?mod=faqs&device=mcp2&faq=thirdParty

Thanks for the link.

Regarding Java, I’m not yet giving up :wink: I assume that the EX2 ultra is running a Debian Linux (like other WD NAS devices) and I can access it via SSH / PuTTY, right? If so, might these instructions to install Java [Solved] Java / JDK on EX4 - #3 by haswell (written for an EX4) also work for an EX2 ultra?

Btw, I had a WD MyBook Live so far and I managed to install a headless OpenJDK7, suitable for my purpose (BubbleUPnP Server)

EX2 Ultra is NOT running Debian Linux. It runs a custom version of Linux that is not binary compatible with Debian Linux. Also, your experience with WD MBL will be different than with EX2/EX2 Ultra, because the firmware is based on a different version of Linux. It’s been a very long while since I had looked briefly at some MBL firmware stuf and they are different.

Having said that, the other thread you found for installing the JDK should work for the EX2. The firmware for EX2/EX4/Mirror are all based on the same codebase. And yes, you can certainly ssh into EX2 - you need to enable SSH from the Settings page on dashboard (under Network tab, look for Network Service SSH ad turn it on and configure it with a password…as for the username, just hover your mouse over the info icon next to the setting - letter ‘i’ in a circle).