Is it normal for WD support to ignore you for 2+ weeks during a warranty return?

Ordered a new hard drive directly from WD.com nearly a month ago. It arrived DOA. Completely unusuable. Opened a case, was told they’d be replacing it…and then nothing. It’s been two and a half weeks, I keep asking for an update, asking what’s going on, nothing. No “sit tight, we’re a bit back-logged” no “he, we’re out of stock of that drive” no explanation given whatsoever. Just sent me a broken product and then completely ghosted me.

God no. Literally every time I’ve seen a Toshiba hard drive was when I was replacing it for a friend or client after failure.

First time in twenty years I’ve had a problem with a WD drive. I’ve got four of them in my desktop right now. I’m getting this one to replace a six TB WD I’ve had spinning for four years already. Their product is solid. Their support is apparently garbage. Meanwhile, I’ve got nearly twenty years doing IT support, first as an on-site repair guy, then for a realestate firm full of BYOD’s, then in a large corporation. Seen hundreds of Toshibas; and every one of them was failing.

Yea man. You can alway tell the shills by the way the go on the forums owned by what they’re shilling and post about how absolute garbage their support is, including photo proof of how bad they are. What in God’s name is the matter with you?

PS, “electronics repair, database admin and computer programming” - which sounds an awful lot like the made up “impress the IT guy” resume my clients give me while asking for help with basic problems - don’t actually have anything to do with maintaining hard drives. What nonsense.