Is it hard to make something like this?

Hi there,

I’m new to this, so bare with me.

I was just wondering how hard it would be to make a theme that is along this line?

I don’t want anything fancy, just simply more thumbnails to be viewed when I click on the “Videos” icon.

If anyone can help me out on this one, that would be very much appreciated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

i think it could be a possiblity if u know how to edit the xml files and know where to place everything, the only thing is u may not be able to use the full screen, bc of the text at the top, u may be able to shrink them down change the icon size of the filter, source and the other icons, then move then either try to remove the weather and time. but there should be a way to put more thumbnails on the screen if u shrink the thumbnail size, i am prob gonna try to work on it when i have more time, b/c i want like 15 movies on one screen. but there are alot better themers who can edit xml alot better then i can. here is what i am currently using and a new theme i am working on.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5179/5455392344_5f35ba2dfb_o.jpg

The thing is that I hate having small thumbnails.  It seems kind of pointless having small thumbnails if you can’t even see them.

That’s why I would love it if there is a way to have the thumbnails at that size, and maybe get rid of one line and still showcase 14 movies on a page as a pose to 9 movies on a page with the default theme.

I’m going to try to work on it and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the quick reply.

yeah i like them this size, i think iam gonna try to shift them all the way over and closer and maybe i can fit 2 more have 12 per page total, if u do anything let me know,and i will too

ok here is what i have so far, i was able to get 16 per page, its alittle sluggish and but it works, i just need to finish tweeking it to space them out alittle better, but its a start, also need to change the edit multiple also, but i don’t know where to find it. but i will work on it later.

Bradl79 wrote:

ok here is what i have so far, i was able to get 16 per page, its alittle sluggish and but it works, i just need to finish tweeking it to space them out alittle better, but its a start, also need to change the edit multiple also, but i don’t know where to find it. but i will work on it later.

Hi   Bradl79

great work. i like it.

It reminds me of my old wdtv gen 1!

Brad,

That looks fantastic.

I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to these .xml files.

I mean I’m pretty good with Photoshop, but I am clueless when it comes to coding.

How did you get the images to move closer together? and so forth?

Thank you All,

To   RohlitSingh u use an xml editor,  i used  EditX from http://free.editix.com/ cause it is free, its not the best but it works, then to move the icons and change size and everything, u have to find out what you are moving, for example:   is the actual thumbnail of the movies, then to move them around u r gonna want to modify the x and y,  X = horizontal and Y = vertical if you decrease the number of the x it will move left if u increase the number of x it will move right, for Y i belive if u increase it will move down and decrease will move up., and just kinda play around with itt

Larger image of the pic above to actual see the numbers: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5293/5456157429_6d73636a3b_o.png

Brad,

Wow, it wasn’t that hard at all.  Since I’m new to this, it took me a good couple hours, but I accomplished what I wanted and so much more.

This is what I created.  24 thumbnails on one screen.  The thumbnails are a nice size too, so if you have a newer and bigger screen tv, than it is going to look really good.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

yeah its pretty easy once you know what u arelooking for and what does what. that does look good, great job, upload the xml file, i had to redo mine to where i could only get 14 per page, i am gonna prob make larger icons, here is what i have so far now

i just need to find out where to edit the multiple select icon, i cannot find it anywhere, b/c it is offset, if anyone knows what xml to edit please let me know, then i will be finished and i will upload this xml. thank you

Brad,

I have no idea how to upload a file onto here.  I know TinyPic does pictures, but I don’t know of a website that uploads files.

If you can help me out with that, I would be more than happy to upload the .xml file.  If you don’t know of any site, than just pass over your email address this way, and I’ll just email you the .xml file.

u can use mediafire or megaupload and that allows u to upload files and just copy and paste the link in here

Brad,

Gotcha.

Here is the link to the file

http://www.mediafire.com/?0te92ynaub26wat

Just paste it within the main folder, and your good to go.

I won’t be back till tomorrow, but tell me what you think.  And if you make any tweaks, post up the updates, so I can take a look.

I deleted all the weather, clock, dock, icons and so forth as well.  So it looks very clean.