Is anyway I can recover my files back my Portable Drive

I accidentally setup my External Hard Drive to add backup disk from the Time Machine on iMac.
After hard drive become backup, Time Machine try copy my iMac folders in my External Hard Drive.
Couple hours later my External Hard Drive is empty, My all older folder are gone.
There are two Time Machine folder in my External Hard Drive. I open them and looks like my iMac Time Machine keep do same thing every hour backup and save same folders. so i deleted machine folders in my drive and the remove my drive to Forget Destination from Time Machine.
My External Hard Drive looks like empty. I check my External Hard Drive Info: Capacity:749.81 GB and Available: 208.4 GB.
I used recovery software scan for my hard drive and i find all my older folders. But I can’t preview and use files anymore.
Is anyway I can recover to my hard drive and got all the folders and files back?

Hi @serenazhang0529,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting: