Is anyone other then me experiencing high Scorpio Blue failures?

I run a computer repair shop and I’ve seen A LOT of Scorpio Blue hard drive failures lately. The most recent is a 750 Gig from an Asus laptop that was 4 months past the 12 month warranty. WD said I had to contact Asus for replacement and when I did, Asus said the warranty was only for 12 months, although WD’s web site says it is 24 months. I will no longer recommend WD, as apparently they can’t get their venders to honor their warranty, as stated on their web site.

Hi well I am surprised at your statement. Just to let you know all prebuilt PC’s laptop or desktop from HP,asus or any other one there warranty is for one year on all parts. They use oem drives and most times put there own firmware on these drives it make no difference what drive it is WD or the other guys its one year warranty from the date of purchase on a prebuilt PC. This is not something new it has always been this way. Now when you replace the drive from WD even with a oem drive or the other guys you get the full warranty although the other guys warranty on most oem drives has been dropped to one year.

So, basically a Scorpio Blue is only good for 16 months before it craps out? Just one more reason not to recommend them.

Hi no they have a 2 year warranty. Yes they are the cheapest drive you can get for a PC from WD you get what you pay for. Please do some research before your statement’s the knowledge you build by doing this helps your customers as they can then get the right information. I have blue drives that have had no problems in 5 years. Before you believe what a customer is telling you check the g-sense report from the smart data, most new users treat laptops like a brick drop it bump it, so before you blame the drive check and see what has happened to it during use. By the way as a pc shop owner you should know all this stuff.