IOS 7 WD Photos Crash When Trying To Upload Photos To My Book Live 3 TB

Since the Apple IOS 7 release last week I can no longer upload photos without the app crashing. This is not only on one device but across 6 devices in our household 2 iPhone 4S and an iPhone 4 as well as an iPad 2, iPad 3rd and 4th generation models. Everything worked fine before I updated all of the devices to IOS 7. I used WD Photos app to back up photos from every device to the 3 TB My Book Live in case the IOS update didn’t go smoothly. I do know it worked before the update. The My Book Live is running firmware version MBL 02.42.03-027 : Core F/W. All the devices are running WD photos version 2.1.0. The app on all the devices crashes the minute you choose to upload from your camera roll. When the screen pops up to show the thumbnails it just crashes. Something to note. Since I had all my photos backed up before the IOS update I deleted them off my phone. With just one photo I took on my camera roll it worked fine. Add more than one photo to your camera roll and it crashes. Just to try something else I downloaded WD Photos Classic which I had never used before and tried all of the above with similar results. Anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update 9/23/13. Tech support called me and we tried everything over the phone with no luck. I submitted videos of the problem to them and they replied it was sent to their engineering dept. No word yet as to when the fix will come but I know for a fact they are working to solve the problem. Really great tech support I must say. Immediate response to my problem and very helpful and friendly

Update 10/1/13 new update tonight. So far has fixed all my issues. Version 2.3.1 works to upload photos in WD Photos. WD2Go is now WD My Cloud. Same features just a different name. Thank you for the fix.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We will look into this problem.

2 Likes

swampwalker wrote:
Since the Apple IOS 7 release last week I can no longer upload photos without the app crashing. This is not only on one device but across 6 devices in our household 2 iPhone 4S and an iPhone 4 as well as an iPad 2, iPad 3rd and 4th generation models. Everything worked fine before I updated all of the devices to IOS 7. I used WD Photos app to back up photos from every device to the 3 TB My Book Live in case the IOS update didn’t go smoothly. I do know it worked before the update. The My Book Live is running firmware version MBL 02.42.03-027 : Core F/W. All the devices are running WD photos version 2.1.0. The app on all the devices crashes the minute you choose to upload from your camera roll. When the screen pops up to show the thumbnails it just crashes. Something to note. Since I had all my photos backed up before the IOS update I deleted them off my phone. With just one photo I took on my camera roll it worked fine. Add more than one photo to your camera roll and it crashes. Just to try something else I downloaded WD Photos Classic which I had never used before and tried all of the above with similar results. Anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please check your private messages. 

1 Like

Ditto with the same issue

I’m experiencing the same issue.

Me too. Same thing Happening after ios7  update on iphone 5

Confirmed…  as soon as you choose “Camera Roll” from the selection, the app closes.

I’m having the same problem on on iPhone and iPad with os7. My wife still has os6 and it works fine. Any news to when a fix will be coming?

1 Like

Anyone at WD reading this forum? Does anyone have in any information as to why the app crashes and is there a fix coming?

Thanks

Cptbradley wrote:
Anyone at WD reading this forum? Does anyone have in any information as to why the app crashes and is there a fix coming?

Thanks

We have already reported this issue and hope to get a resolution as soon as possible.

1 Like

Same problem here. After iOS7 upgrade WD photos is crashing. i am using an iPhone5.

Tks.

I am having the exact same issue. I have a first generation iPad that cannot be updated any longer and the app works fine. Anything iOS 7 it crashes when I try to upload from my camera roll or photo stream.

just wanted to say me too.

Any updates?

1 Like

Its not only WD Photos it is happening on the WD2go as well. 

What I’ve done to WD2go is to increase the cache to 32gb and it works but on the WD Photos it still keeps crashing 

Helllo WD, it’s been 9 days since the problem has been reported. Anyone have any update to a fix yet?

Any updates to a fix?

App just updated today in the App Store. Working great!

I had the same problem, iPad software updated, quick response from WD and all is well once more.

Thanks for reporting back on this topic.

Other users should try updating the WD Photos app from their mobile device or iTunes directly.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wd-photos/id366905089?mt=8

1 Like