International Travelling

hi, firstly, i have always been a big supporter and fan of WD products, and have always stuck with them. I now come to a time, where i needed to do some research, and wanted to stick with WD again, BUT ihad some questions. I am looking at purchsing a WD TV Live Hub 1TB Media Center. Now i work in the USA, but live in the UK, and want to take it with me as and when i go to work. Questions are:

If i purchase it here in the US (im here at the moment), will the power source allow me to use it in the UK as well ?

When researching the media center, I noticed areas showing TV outputs (PAL etc…), and regions. Does this mean, this is not the ideal product for me, if I am to change locations a lot (as i do) - ie, will it work in both locations or not. Is this something that is fixed, or can i change it as i change my location. If this is not the case, are there any ideas or suggestions available ?

thanks

As far as I am aware the power supply is 100 to 240 volt 50/60 Hz, so it should be OK anywhere in the world as long as you have the correct adaptor. The player can also be set to PAL or NTSC so that should cover a lot of the world, however if you use HDMI then it should not matter about the TV standard.

thanks for that. With regards to PAL or NTSC, is that something i can constantly change, or is it a once change only item ?

Using the Reset button on the bottom of the HUB.

Press for one second to reset to factory defaults. Press and hold 10 seconds to toggle between NTSC and PAL. Use a   fine-tipped stylus or the unfolded end of a paperclip to press the reset switch.

This can be done anytime you need to change from PAL to NTSC and vice versa…

ajax18 wrote:

thanks for that. With regards to PAL or NTSC, is that something i can constantly change, or is it a once change only item ?

You can constantly change it. Try doing it via the internal video setup menu as it is easier to do. Some TV’s will see the picture but in black and white if you have set the player to the wrong standard. Obviously if you can’t see a picture then you will need to use the paperclip button method detailed in the post above.

You didn’t ask, but keep in mind that some services you can access in the US will not be available when you are back in the UK.