Internal 1tb hard drive no longer visable after fw upgrade

hi does anyone know how to fix this problem internal 1tb hard drive in wd live hub no longer visable after fw upgrade have reset /rebooted turned off left off for 1 hour  help please!

Does the Hubs Disk Manager show information about the disk or do you get an error? Can you see the disk and it’s contents over the network?

no hard manager does not show hard disk at all but when i plug in usb hard drive it does

also can not see live hub on network same on hub thanks

How old is your Hub? Is it still under warranty?

hub is 2 months old only used a hand full of times think i will go  for warranty to look like hard drive **bleep** it self what do you think

Mine did the same thing.  After updating the firmware I was moving files from the internal drive to a connected My Book and it locked up hard.  After unplugging the Hub, it only displayed the My Book and a network share.  Another unplug brought me down to the My Book only.  A third unplug brought it all back.  I was a wee bit nervous when my drive disappeared.

brodiemuffin wrote:

hub is 2 months old only used a hand full of times think i will go  for warranty to look like hard drive **bleep** it self what do you think

You can try powering off and on to see if the hard disk appears as was suggested by the previous user. I don’t think the firmware update caused the disk to disappear, but you could try a firmware rollback and reset to default settings. If this doesn’t work at least you have the option of getting the unit replaced under warranty. If you have a lot of stuff on the internal disk, you can ask WD for permission to open the Hub to remove the disk to recover the contents.

Even if you do manage to get the internal disk to show up again, I would make a backup copy if you don’t already have one. If the Hubs disk fails again at least you will have it’s contents safe.