Installing a Disk keeping the existent data in the EX2

Hi,

I’m trying to install a old 2TB disk that containg all my backup data (fotos, videos, files, etc) in my new EX2 diskless.

The EX2 recognized the disks and they are marked as “GOOD”, but the “RAID Health” is “No Configured Volumes”

When I try to create a a new volume “JBOD” to accsses my data, the system messange is: “Changing the RAID mode will erase all of the data on the drives listed below.”

Is there any way to insert a disk in the EX2 without lose all the existent data?

Thank you for your help.

When I researched the EX2, one of the down-sides was the inability to increase the storage capacity while maintaining the existing data; it’s necessary to copy the data to another storage device, upgrade the drives and then restore the data.  AFAIK that’s still the case.

Geodosch,

thank you for your replay. But my doulbt is if I can get some disks from my computer to EX2 and from the EX2 to my computer without reformat them.

I have many disk from 1 to 3 TB with differnet data that I want to use in the EX2 but withot lose the current data.

Not possible - you will lose data. Besides the EX2 needs drives to be in Linux’s ext4 format anyway. Are your drives (with the data) currently formatted using Linux ext4 format? If not, then no, there is no way to preserve the drive formatting. Move them temporarily elsewhere if you want to keep your data.

That is a correct afirmation but even a drive formated in ext4 system i think would not work because for example ex4 creates 3 more small partitions  with the data partition

I still believe that happens the same with ex2

DavidSucesso wrote:

…but even a drive formated in ext4 system i think would not work because for example ex4 creates 3 more small partitions  with the data partition

Of course, it won’t keep the data even with ext4 partition. Nowhere did I say it would. I was simply asking the original poster if he had an ext4 formatted drive just to point out as clearly as possible that in the likely event he didn’t there was NO WAY to preserve the data, Just to clarify to him the impossibility of that since he kept insisting on his need to retain the data. But I did not imply that if he had ext4 formatted drive that he would be able to retain the data.