Impossible to create share with USB device connected

I observe a disfunctionning when one USB device (key or disk)  is connected to my MyCloud 2To

It happens after some minutes of good functionning

1- a message indicate : Impossible to create share with USB device connected

2- it is no more possible to access to MyCloud (web interface and explorer)

Strangely, if the USB device is unpluggged, the acces is recovered with indication that the USB device is connected…

Hi there welcome to the WD community.

I would like to know if you have the latest version of the firmware on your device since it is really strange to get this type of issue when you connect a USB device. also try to do reset on the unit to see if you are able to use your device normally.

Here is a link that might help you out with the reset process:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10432

Yes I have the latest version of the firmware v04.01.02-417 as well for Quick view 2.4.6.

I have not reset the device because the quick test has given a good result and because it is not a concern with the Device Name, IP Settings, and Administrator Password …

I will pursue checking…

I have had so many problem that I have uninstall SmartWare software.

After that Quick View was no more operational.

I have tried to reinstall Quick View with the last issue available on the WD site

I observe that WD do not show clearly the version number…

At the beginning of reinstall, a windows has claimed that a more recent issue was installed on the machine.

I checked the version number  with Revo Uninstaller : WD Quick view 2.4.6.3

I have uninstalled WD Quick view 2.4.6.3

I have reinstalled Quick View with the last issue available on the WD site and rechecked the version number  with Revo Uninstaller : WD Quick view 2.4.2.26

But the windows "about WD Quick view " now shows :

version 2.4.2

WD Quick view 3.2.4.12

WD drive service 2.2.0.19

Please, could you confirm that I have updated with a false software despite I take care against such issues.

Please inform others users of this risk

The file WD Quick view 2.4.6.3 is indicated in Google as infected …

What should I do ? 

Hi there, this should not give so many problems, try to follow this link see if this is helpful for you:

https://support.microsoft.com/mats/program_install_and_uninstall?wa=wsignin1.0  

I have found the reason of MyCloud difunctionning  with USB devices (message :Impossible to create share with USB device connected) and probably alos of others bad functionning :

I had unsinstalled the software Bonjour from Apple because I dont knew that  it was installed by WD Quick View.

The problem was solved by reinstallation of Quick View.