Imorting videos and photos problem!

I have just purchased My Book 1230 and have carried out my first back up. However whenever I restart my computer it starts importing all of my videos and photos. I am assuming it is importing them from My Book back into my desktop. Can anyone explain why this is happening and how to stop it?

My operating system is windows 7. I should mention it is the first time I have used My Book or any type of external hard drive.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be given.

Hi Alfredius, welcome to the WD Community. Can you share what backup process are you using? 

Hi jubei04,

First thing I should admit to is that I’m a pensioner and far from being expert in computers :slight_smile: I’m not sure that I know what you mean but here’s what I do, click on smartwaree icon and when on the homepage I click on my pc to My Book, I then click on the drive I want to back up. However, I have opted for continuous back-ups - that all seems to be working okay, the problem happens when I have to restart my computer (say following windows updates). As soon as the computer starts up again A box appears on screen (the same one as when I am importing photos and videos from my camcorder) and starts importing my video and photo files back from My Book!.

As I say I am new to My Book and so am puzzled by this - I can’t find anything in the manual about this.

Many thanks,

Alfredius.