I would never buy any WD products anymore

About 7 months ago I bought an 1TB external hard drive (my passport) and after 4 months it didn’t work anymore, I sent it to the warranty, after few days they told me it’s out of order and it would never be fixed, I  asked them to give me a new one and they told me you have opened it before and you can’t use the warranty.

But I told them that I know it wasn’t opened before, but they didn’t accept , they said I am lying!!! And if I want another one I have to pay for it.

Hossein87 wrote:

But I told them that I know it wasn’t opened before, but they didn’t accept , they said I am lying!!! 

I’m pretty sure WD goes over each drive with a fine-toothed comb… if there’s any evidence of tampering or damage or anything else that would void the warranty, they’d generally find it.

With the number of warranty claims that do get successfully processed, it seems fairly evident that drives with no evidence of misuse or tampering do get warranty coverage.

1 Like

But I my selfe know better that I’ve opened it or not, then their “fine-toothed comb” is out of order

Hossein87, please check your PM.

Hossein87 wrote:

About 7 months ago I bought an 1TB external hard drive (my passport) and after 4 months it didn’t work anymore, I sent it to the warranty, after few days they told me it’s out of order and it would never be fixed, I  asked them to give me a new one and they told me you have opened it before and you can’t use the warranty.

But I told them that I know it wasn’t opened before, but they didn’t accept , they said I am lying!!! And if I want another one I have to pay for it.

Can you PM me your RMA number?  I will look into it.

1 Like

still it isnt solved!

Hossien, as I have explained to you, unfortunately you are in a country that is embargoed.  As such, we have no method of WD directly replacing your device.  You should also note that it was not WD who would not replace your device, but it was the place of purchase who denied you a return due to water damage.

It can’t be solved,

because WD only sales it’s products in my country but never supports it’s customers.

I would never buy any WD products anymore.

This is not true, we do not directly sell or ship to your country due to various restrictions against Iran.  Should you needed technical support, we could assist you, however, you need an RMA, and as explained to you we have no way to make that happen.

Dear Toretto

I know there are  restrictions against Iran, but what about United Arab Emirates (UAE), as I told you, Dubai has Warrantyd the product and Iran’s office is connected with WD’s branch in Dubai, so if WD is concerned it can solve my problem. I am sure that if you want to solve it you can, it’s your product.

Unfortunately, this is not the case.  Our office in the UAE cannot send product directly to you.  We did investigate all avenues.

I know, they don’t send the product DIRECTLY, they use the Iranian office to sale your products

After all

I’ve bought an Armor A80 SILICON Power, a Water, pressure, vibration and dust proof external hard drive.It’s incredible.