I want to disable Relay mode

Hello. I own a PR4100. I’ve upgraded to OS5. I can’t disable Relay mode. I can’t force a direct connection. I tried to forward external TCP 40000-49999 to internal 4430, 4430 to 4430, 80 to 80, 4430 to 443, port 8000 to 8000, 8001 to 8001, 8002 to 8002, etc as advised elsewhere on forums and wiki. Nothing is working. I even tried full DMZ nat / IP Passthrough. The manual mode option is missing under Cloud setup

Evidently with OS5 the device is intentionally programmed to use only Relay mode and this constitutes a major privacy concern for me and many other users also as the motive for this regress could be sinister

Please advise solution asap, otherwise I will flash third-party firmware to gain back control of a device I own as it seems I no longer have granular control over my own myCloud device since upgrading to OS5. Failure to respond with a solution to fix Relay mode will also mean it will be the last WD product that I purchase.

Thanks& Regards

I have seen OS/5 in “direct” mode.

HOWEVER. . .fundamentally - - - OS/5 is built for cloud integration. As long as you have “cloud services enabled”, I am almost certain the device phones home on a regular basis to enable that web access.

Frankly, it is quite evident that the developers to assume privacy was a factor in their uses. This is a primary reason that I only ever upgraded ONE NAS to OS/5. . . and have since reverted it back to OS/3.

I eventually managed to get Direct mode working on my PR4100 OS5 instance with the following port mappings:

TCP 4430 on WAN points to 4430 on NAS
TCP 4431 on WAN points to 443 on NAS
TCP 8001 on WAN points to 8001 on NAS
TCP 49592 on WAN points to 4430 on NAS

Reboot your NAS after applying the port forward rules

Hope it helps someone else & Good luck

Can’t speak to the 4100 but the MyCloud (and Gen 2 Mirror/EX2 ultra) don’t need these machinations. Everything worked just fine after I updated to OS5 (?)

OS/5 is much better with port forwarding setups than OS3; especially when multiple NAS units are present. (OS3 choked when multiple NAS’s were present; which forced manual assignment)

The only issue with OS/5 is just how many ports get opened; and what manner of communication is going through it.