I think i lost all my babies photos please help

my wd hard drive ive had for about 10 years wont work… , i have now got windows 10 and i cant find the drive on the comp, the blue light comes on when usb cord plugged in to back of comp but nothing shows up but im scared i wont get my photos back
the model number is WD1600E1MS-00

please help

This case indicates that the drive has OS compatibility issue and that’s why it stops detecting by the system. I would suggest you to update the drive’s driver software by going through device manager. After updating the driver software just reconnect the drive and check whether it starts detecting by the system or not.

Use a data recovery service. Personally, I think it is important to take care of your and your family’s memories. Especially if it is related to old photos of your kid or your adopted kid fosterplus.org. It is a memory that should be kept in cloud storage or printed in your home. I have printed all my photos because I like feeling them in my hand; I can imagine what was happening in that photos a long time ago. But, I also keep them in my cloud, just in case, to feel relaxed about them being in safety and privacy. So, do the same thing, and you will not regret it.

Why are you replying to a 4 Year old post where the OP is long gone ?

Hi,

I will share the methods you should try if your WD external hard drive is not showing up on your PC.

1. Update your Driver:

Occasionally, Windows runs into driver issues that will render a device unrecognizable. Open the Start menu, type “device manager,” and press Enter when the option appears. Next, expand the Disk Drives menu and the Universal Serial Bus menu to see if your external drive appears in either set. If you see an entry that looks like your drive with a yellow exclamation mark, right-click on the device and choose Properties —you may find an error code you can Google. You can also head to the Driver tab and try updating or uninstalling the driver and rebooting your computer.

1. Try different USB ports:

If the drive isn’t working, unplug it and try a different USB port. It’s possible the port in question is failing or just being selective with your specific drive.

1. Just because you plugged the drive into your computer doesn’t mean it’s necessarily receiving the power it needs. While some drives can draw enough power from your computer’s USB port, others—especially larger drives not intended to be portable, like the Western Digital My Book—may require wall power to spin up.

· Try all these steps and see if you can see your drive or not.

· If you lost your deleted photos by chance, you can opt for different data recovery software available in the market . The Software can restore deleted documents, email files, photos, and videos. It helps you retrieve lost or deleted files and folders on your Windows PC, laptop, or external storage media. It also supports data recovery from formatted, corrupted, encrypted, and RAW drives. To recover files deleted from Recycle Bin, you need to run this software on your Windows PC from which you lost your data and scan the affected drive/location to retrieve the files.