I put wrong power supply

i put wrong power supply / adapter to my WD my book750…what should i do now ??? please help me…

What was the out come out using the wrong power supply?

If you still need the correct power supply here is a list of what fits you best or you can call WD for another power supply

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1378/session/L3RpbWUvMTMwMDM5MDUxMS9zaWQvVFhSc3phcGs%3D

because i put adapter of my laptop and now my WD ( my book ) not working, what i should do now to fix it…

Look for posts by fzabkar he’s helped other people make their drives usable. He’ about the only one with an understanding of these boadrs.

Joe

If you are prepared to open your enclosure and void your warranty, then the solution may be as simple as removing a shorted TVS diode. Can we see detailed photos of the USB-SATA bridge board and the drive’s own PCB?

If you are prepared to open your enclosure and void your warranty, then the solution may be as simple as removing a shorted TVS diode. Can we see detailed photos of the USB-SATA bridge board and the drive’s own PCB?

I agree that if you take the chance to open the enclosure yourself you risk voiding your warranty.  Faced with a situation where I had to get to the harddrive inside my external, I contacted the support group.  Their recommendation - have a WD authorized repair place perform the surgery to open the enclosure and they would in turn honor the warranty.  BestBuy’s Geek Squad did mine for $30.