I need help with fix my MCH after HDD issue

Hello,

It’ll be a little long post but… I’m trying to fix my friend’s My Cloud Home (WDBVXC0040HWT). It was 4TB HDD, which broke down. I bought a new WD 4TB Red (WD40EFRX) and installed instead a old one, but it didn’t work.

I was looking for any informations an Internet and I found some tutorials about debricking My Cloud devices (I didn’t know differences between My Cloud and My Cloud Home, so I guessed that they have the same hardware/software). I tried to partitioning of HDD and restoring from virgin image which I found. I read an advise about installing different OS - OMV through rescue USB memory. I don’t feel good in linux systems, I tried some tutorials and then I realized that WD MC and WD MCH have diffenrent software.

Recently I found an original image of WD MCH partitions (Index of /fox_exe/WDMyCloud-Home/Original/). I restored them via DiskGenius, but my device doesn’t boot.

I have a terminal connection via internal UART connector. I paid attention to this information:

[INFO]: bootState: BOOT_STATE_NO_OTA
[FATAL ERROR] CBR not found, boot USB rescue mode.

When I enter to console mode and use “go snboot” function, I see that device load data from HDD but last informations received in terminal are:
[ 28.574629] rtc_rtd1295 9801b600.rtc: rtk_rtc_disable
[ 98.935786] audit: rate limit exceeded

After pressing Enter, I can access to root@monarch32_mini console.
LED is in slow breathing state. I’m afraid that I have some incompability in firmware after installing files for WD My Cloud.

So, can someone help me how to restore original filesystem of firmware on My Cloud Home ? Where can I find correct files and how can I upload them to SoC?

Best Regards,
Kacper

@kaper93

Does your device look like this?
WDMYCLOUD1stgen2022

No, I have WD My Cloud Home:

@kaper93
It does not have the same OS/Firmware as WDMYCLOUD.

Firmware
Search Support | Western Digital

Yes, I know it after all… I changed a bootConfig to 2:A:2 and data from HDD is being loading automatically now, but still it doesn’t work properly. I can ping a device from my local PC. WD MCH has an Internet connection - I can ping any address from it via terminal. I tried to add a device to my mycloud account at home.mycloud.com website, but when I have written 9-digit kod, I get information that My device is not connected to Internet.

I noticed in log and router that my disk has different MAC than on enclosure. It reports 00:10:20:30:40:50 address. Should I change it to proper through “env edit” ?

I read that update of device are automatically via OTA. I should leave it connected to Internet for 24 hours and it will be updated, but I’m not sure to about that. I have been observing traffic in my router, there is only small outgoing transfer and practically zero incoming.

EDIT: I changed MAC to proper - no changes.
When I run start_samba.sh script from /system/bin I have access to Public folder on device.

You would want to go to the ‘MCH Ideas’ subforum and ask this question in this thread on installing from raw image which is not supported by WDC and you will never get an official answer here.