I need help on my WD smartware

Hi all… i was reformatting my computer yesterday and i accidentally chose and re-format my WD smartware…

and now when i put the USB into my computer… it doesn’t autostart anymore… and when i put files inside it… it doesn’t go thru… does anyone have a fix for this??

ASAP would be a great appreciation.

Archie.

ok all you have to do is just reinstall ur wd smart ware form the web site . look up ur hard drive the sofeware and install to that hard drive and it should work give me a sulotion check if it works

w8… okay so i have the " My book Essentials " on 1.5TB and i wen’t to WD Support and searched for it and here it is…

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=120&lang=en

All i see is Firmware Updates… and Smartware utilitys

i don’t see any installers for it.

here

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/utilitiesstep1.asp?id=wdfMB_Essential&os=WIN

or here

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/

okay… so installed everything and when i plug it pops out right away…

but when i click " Setup Drive " it says " No writable WD smartware Partition found on your My Book Essentials drive"

There is no writable WD SmartWare partition available on this WD drive.

This can occur if you are attempting to write to a WD drive formatted for a different operating system, or if the drive is locked.

Please make sure that this WD drive is formatted for the operating system you are currently working on, and that the drive is unlocked.

So what should i do next?? :cry:

the portion is missing let me look it up and ill get back to your in 24hours or less

i will be looking forward… thanks for your help :smileyvery-happy:

ok ive been looking about missing porition and had no luck there are tons of back up software and locking software out there but call wd and ask about it

Cheetoz wrote:

okay… so installed everything and when i plug it pops out right away…

but when i click " Setup Drive " it says " No writable WD smartware Partition found on your My Book Essentials drive"

There is no writable WD SmartWare partition available on this WD drive.

This can occur if you are attempting to write to a WD drive formatted for a different operating system, or if the drive is locked.

Please make sure that this WD drive is formatted for the operating system you are currently working on, and that the drive is unlocked.

So what should i do next?? :cry:

Was your drive locked with a password before you reformatted?  If so, then you need to disable the password.   Otherwise, you can try updating the drive with the latest firmware, and you can try repartitioning and reformatting the drive, using SmartWare to see if that works.

Nope… my drive was never locked nor even put a password on it before i accidentally reformatted the partition…

and i have tried updating the firmware to the latest you have on the download section but still no luck…

and how can i do the “repartitioning” and "re-formatting the drive using SmartWare??

ok did u do a quick format if up did reformat it aithout the quick one checked

im sorry but… i simply don’t understand that one LOL!!

go to start my computer find ur hard drive right click it then click format and unclick quick format then start

Okay i am super lost on what you are saying…:manvery-happy: but let me re-phrase my problem

one day i was going to reformat my computer " My main hard drive " i inserted the windows 7 disc on my dvd writer…

restarted my computer and it booted up to the windows 7 setup screen… so when i was choosing the partition i didn’t

notice that my WD-Smartware was connected to my USB hub… so my computer detects 2 hard drive on my computer

which is “My main hard drive” and the “WD-Smartware hard drive”

on the partition section… until i chose the " WD-Smartware" and quick reformatted it.

and what you are reffering me to do is impossible cause my " WINDOWS 7 " is installed to my main hard drive.

but i did that what you said and its sayin…

“You cannot format this volume”

it contains the version of windows that you are using.

Formatting this volume could cause your computer to stop working.

You can write zeros to the drive and then format. To write zeros download  DLG

Thanks Wizer… i will definitely give this one a try.

Any time.

ok ok first never formatted the built in harddrive thats a no no 2 i work with added hard drives so sorry

Okay… sorry for the ultra late reply… i just got the time to do this now… i am now writing zero’s on my WD Smartware.

Okay… i am done writing zero’s to my WD SmartWare… what is the next step??