I know my password but I can't use it

I use my WD Passport Essensial SE with my password since 6 more of 6 month withou problem but the last time I directly unplugged the external disc withou safe condition (I know that this it’s a bad operation). When I conect again my external disc and the SmartWare ask me the password to unlock the disc I write my password but I see a message error 'incorrect password". It’s possible if I not unplugged the disc with safe condition I have a damage un the firmware or software file ? The WD Passport it’s  very sensitive to unplugged withou safe condition ? How can I make to resolve the problem withou lost my files ?

Im sorry but there is no official way to recover passwords your best best would be to try a data recovery company if you dont want to erase the drive

I don’t know if this will help or not. Some people have had password problems. They were able to access from a different user  account  or the guest  account. As far as preventing future problems use the safely remove hardware icon in the taskbar. 

Joe

It’s ok, I going to search a recovery data company but first I want to know if I can to send my disc to WD technical service with my original ticket and number.

Give them a call to see if you under warranty

here are list of authorized data recovery company and depending where your located here are a list of WD phone numbers good luck

phone number:

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

data recovery:

http://support.wdc.com/recovery/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

canario68 wrote:

It’s ok, I going to search a recovery data company but first I want to know if I can to send my disc to WD technical service with my original ticket and number.

If you unplugged your drive without safely removing it, and you had just finished copying data to it, there is a great chance that you corrupted something.  The reason safely removing your drive is so important is because when you safely remove the drive, The OS flushes the cache on the drive, thereby preventing data corruption.  Not safely removing the drive may have caused a domino effect that either corrupted your password, or now no longer allows your password to be verified. 

It wouldn’t hurt to send it to a data recovery company, because if they can’t recover the data, you won’t be charged.  then you’ll still have your warranty intact on the drive, at least.  But, this is why it is crucial to have data stored in multiple locations.

try accessing the drive in my computer, and then find wd unlocker, maybe it will work, also try accessing the drive in different user account.