I have an 8 TB WD My Home Cloud and cannot access my files

Unfortunately you repeated this a few times without telling anybody anything new because you simply don’t describe what you have done, successfully or not. It is a process, the path to a solution as to what steps have been taken. The Western Digital solution has always been to ‘Clear Device Settings’ which is a catch-call functionality to reclaim the file and folder permission on the My Cloud Home without deleting user data.

This is usually a simple matter of logging in and enable a setting. Perhaps you have someone who can help you troubleshoot this - if not, you will just have to file a support ticket or chat with support and wait for their reply.

How to Clear Device Settings on My Cloud Home and ibi

The Clear Device Settings allows device owners to reset if there are issues getting to the private share or enabling local access. The is available in the My Cloud Home and ibi dashboard.

1. Sign into the Dashboard using the Web app, IP Address or Hostname.

Need more help?

1. Click Sign in using the Western Digital Account or Sign in with local password.
    3.Sign in with local password* will not work until Local Access has been setup.

After you have successfully logged in, proceed to:

Clear Device Settings resets:

• Local Access toggle switch (Default = Off)

• Local network User Name(s) (Default = not configured)

• Local network Password(s) (Default = not configured)

• Database values (Default = new)

• Albums and shared albums.

• Click Erase.
    The message Device is not ready, please wait will show.