I did a Quick Restore, but still can't access files on the My Cloud from my computer

Since replacing my boot drive with an SSD on which I did a clean install of Windows 10, I’ve been unable to access files on my My Cloud from the computer. I can reach the dashboard. I also can access the My Cloud and its files using mobile apps on my Google Pixel 3 and iPad.

Thanks to redundant backup measures and my ability to see what was on the My Cloud, and laboriously retrieve what I wanted using a mobile, I chose to cut short my unsuccessful attempts to access files, map, etc., the My Cloud from my desktop computer, a Dell XPS 8930 running Windows 10 Home. Accordingly, having tried a system-only restore previously, I did a Quick Restore, which according to the manual, “Reverts all settings to their factory default values, deletes data in shares and sets the shares back to factory defaults, resets the WD My Cloud system, and erases the drives.”

At this point, I’m stymied, as I was before the Quick Restore, by the demand for Network Credentials when I attempt to map shares on the device. I’ve tried, without success, my Microsoft user name and login, which I’d use to login into Windows 10, if I didn’t instead use a PIN; the default MyCloud user name, “admin,” which supposedly has no password; and the username and password I used before these problems arose. I also tried ssh, as an administrator; it, too, failed.

Obviously, my ignorance in this area is substantial. I’d appreciate suggestions, as complete and simple to follow as possible.

TIA

@RebDovid Have you already tried this?

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I had tried it without success. I just rechecked my settings: the box still is checked.

With no other good idea to try, I did another Quick Restore. This time, it worked, at least to the extent that I mapped my share as drive Z. I’m now running a test backup.

Unfortunately, I don’t know enough to have any idea why it’s now working. And, as I don’t also know why it stopped working, I’m left without confidence in the My Cloud’s continuous accessibility going forward, which is not what one wants in a backup device.

Accordingly, if anyone reading this thinks they have a satisfactory explanation, I’d appreciate your spelling it our.