I couldn't access My Passport 1 TB even it already plugged in and LED was turned on :(

Please help!!!
After connected the hard drive to a laptop (Windows 10, 64 bit, USB 3.0), the warning message was shown as “D:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect” then I tried to connect it again and the green loading bar on file explorer window had been extremely slow and finally been frozen before completed download. Another warning block appeared “You need to format the disk in drive D: before you can use it”. That message made me frustrated. It was illogical because if I formatted it, I would lose all my data. By the way, I tried to solve that problem for a week but still could fix it (I tried following several possible suggestions such as checking the USB port, run the device manager, update drivers, etc.)

Ps. I never drop my external hard drive. I just keep it in a bag and put it on a table.

You can try the steps given below to run Check Disk Via Command Prompt to see if it resolves the issue.

1. Plug in your external hard drive, USB drive or memory card to PC.

2. Open Command Prompt.

• In Windows 7, Click Start , type in " cmd " in a search box, hit Enter and then click " cmd. exe " in the list of programs.
  • In Windows 10/8, press the Windows Key + X button and select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.

3. In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r . Here you should replace E with the drive letter of your external hard drive or USB device.

This operation will run CHKDSK to check and repair file system corruption, errors, corruptions or bad sectors on the external hard drive or USB disk which might cause ‘Drive Is Not Accessible. The Parameter Is Incorrect’ error.

If still the issue persists, then you need to reformat the drive and you will lose the data stored in such case.