I cant see my pics

somebody please help me!!
Quickassist code N70QTL

Did you figure out solution? I have same thing. My external drive light is lighting up, but on my Mac it recognizes the external drive but no pictures, just the initial formatting files. And it says it is full, but can’t see pictures.

Any help appreciated? If I need to update my external drive, where do I do that?

Teresa

Hey there! It sounds like you’re having a little trouble accessing the pictures on your external drive, but don’t worry, we’ll figure it out together.

Firstly, it’s great that your Mac recognizes the external drive, but it’s strange that you can’t see your pictures and only the initial formatting files. There could be a couple of reasons for this.

One possibility is that the pictures might be stored in a different folder on the external drive. Sometimes, when you connect an external drive to a different computer or device, the pictures might end up in a separate folder instead of being directly visible. I’d suggest checking the drive carefully for any folders or subfolders that might contain your pictures.

Another possibility is that the external drive might need an update or some troubleshooting. To update your external drive, you typically don’t do it directly on the drive itself, but rather on your Mac’s operating system. Make sure your Mac is up to date with the latest software updates by clicking on the Apple menu in the top-left corner, selecting “About This Mac,” and then choosing “Software Update.” Install any available updates, as they might include important fixes that can help with recognizing the content on your external drive.

If updating your Mac doesn’t solve the issue, it’s worth trying to connect the external drive to a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, certain ports can have compatibility issues, and switching to a different one might help establish a better connection.

If none of these suggestions work, it’s possible that there might be an issue with the external drive itself. In that case, you may want to consider reaching out to the manufacturer’s support team or consulting a professional technician who can help you further troubleshoot the problem.

Remember, patience is key when dealing with technical issues, and don’t hesitate to ask for further assistance if needed. Good luck, and I hope you’ll be able to access your pictures soon!

yes

| amelia1
June 26 |

• | - |

terepan:

If I need to update my external drive, where do I do that?

Hey there! It sounds like you’re having a little trouble accessing the pictures on your external drive, but don’t worry, we’ll figure it out together.

Firstly, it’s great that your Mac recognizes the external drive, but it’s strange that you can’t see your pictures and only the initial formatting files. There could be a couple of reasons for this.

One possibility is that the pictures might be stored in a different folder on the external drive. Sometimes, when you connect an external drive to a different computer or device, the pictures might end up in a separate folder instead of being directly visible. I’d suggest checking the drive carefully for any folders or subfolders that might contain your pictures.

Another possibility is that the external drive might need an update or some troubleshooting. To update your external drive, you typically don’t do it directly on the drive itself, but rather on your Mac’s operating system. Make sure your Mac is up to date with the latest software updates by clicking on the Apple menu in the top-left corner, selecting “About This Mac,” and then choosing “Software Update.” Install any available updates, as they might include important fixes that can help with recognizing the content on your external drive.

If updating your Mac doesn’t solve the issue, it’s worth trying to connect the external drive to a different USB port on your computer. Sometimes, certain ports can have compatibility issues, and switching to a different one might help establish a better connection.

If none of these suggestions work, it’s possible that there might be an issue with the external drive itself. In that case, you may want to consider reaching out to the manufacturer’s support team or consulting a professional technician who can help you further troubleshoot the problem.

Remember, patience is key when dealing with technical issues, and don’t hesitate to ask for further assistance if needed. Good luck, and I hope you’ll be able to access your pictures soon!