I can't play movie from my WD from my macbook

So my sister brought a WD usb thingy where i can just insert it in & watch all the movie saved on their. But when i try it on my macbook? It said my macbook can’t flies like that from WD. Can someone help me please? I’M sooo new to this WD usb stuff.

Unless the USB drive was bought as a Mac model, it will have been formatted as NTFS, for use with a PC.

Mac OS sees NTFS drives as read-only.

If you want full access to the drive from your Mac, you’d either need to re-format the drive as “FAT32” (erasing its current contents in the process, and limiting your file sizes to 4GB or less), or install a free driver called _ ntfs-3g _ on your Mac.

If you only need to access the drive from a Mac, you can format it HFS+ for Mac, again losing the contents in the process, but then the drive will be unreadable by a PC (unless you install paid products on the PC for reading Mac drives).

I’d think your best bet would be to download and install ntfs-3g on your Mac(s), and all should be well, with no erasing of the drive necessary.

Can you give me the link for the place for me to download that & walk me through it?

Dearly_Stephany wrote:

Can you give me the link for the place for me to download that & walk me through it?

http://www.google.com/search?q=ntfs-3g

I download it but it didn’t do anything for me & when i double click it? it said my quicktime can’t play this kind of file. HELP PLEASE.