I can connect to network, but connection is dropped after a whil

My WDTV Live Plus works great with a USB drive connected, but if I try a network connection (local or Internet) it makes the connection but after several minutes the connection is lost.  Other devices on my home network do not have this issue.  Is this a known problem and is there a known solution?

Hi, it could be a low signal problem.

I can see where that might cause this problem with a wireless setup, but I am using a wired ethernet connection.  I am able to get the connection going again by removing power from the WD TV Live Plus and the reconnecting it.  At least I was able to transfer several files from my Mac to the USB drive on the Live Plus today before the connection dropped again.

I suspect you are using Windows 7 - many of us have this issue, seems to be a recurring problem.

I am hoping WD is working on a fix.

I have tried suggested tricks:

• turn off Homegroup feature and disabel related services.

• changed workgroup name to all the same.

Yet, it will work once in a blue moon.

For now, I have copied my movies to a small external drive and am watcing my movies that way.

By the way, access to the internet work great.  Only issue it seems is network shares disappearing…

Actually I am running OS X 10.7 (Mac).  I have the connection problem with Netflix and Pandora as well as with my local network.