WD Community

I am upgrading to My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) 8 TB from a My Book Live Duo 4 TB

I am upgrading to My Cloud Mirror (Gen 2) 8 TB from a My Book Live Duo 4 TB. Do I just unplug My Book and connect the My Cloud Mirror or do i need to Transfer the data from the My Book Duo? If I transfer the data and then back up my computer will some of the data be duplicated?

Hello,

If you still have the same data on your computer, you don’t need to transfer what you have on the My Book.

As a recommendation, just connect the new unit and create a new backup to avoid the data being duplicated.

Support for Western Digital Hard Drives | Western Digital

Still Need Help?

Reach out to Support for more assistance.

Sign in to Your Support Account

Get up-to-date information about your products.

Western Digital Business Portal

Unlock benefits and tools for your business such as enterprise support, pricing and rebate tools, marketing, loyalty, rewards, and more.