I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

boxer29 wrote:

downloaded the files

and done the changes through the thumbgen get the folders with pics on the pc

but how do i transfer them to the wdtv live smp

thanks

I have no idea and this is the WDTV Live Hub Forum.

SMP stands for Streaming Media Player, I assume you stream the movies from your hard drive but i seriously have no idea, you need to go to the SMP Forum for that.

well, to keep on to my problem, nothing worked so far except when I put the movie and the relevant files on the hub itself, that works fine.

Now, My drive upstairs is an element 3tb, my bad . . . my 4tb mybook is at my pc . . .

the 3tb drive has been in service with the hub for well over a year and it worked great untill i upgraded the firmware and installed the Black Mamba theme. Ā Iā€™m not saying itā€™s the themeā€™s fault here, i know Ā that works but I did not try the hub by itself after the firmware upgrade and before the theme upgrade, I did them at the same time. Ā So it was hard to rule out a theme problem.

So now, I have a backup of all my movies, in my 4Tb, thatā€™s never been connected to the hub, only has the movie files on it, no xml or pictures of any sort . . .

So I wiped my 3tb . . . what do you know, Iā€™m dedicated to figuring this out . . ā€¦ Ā Doing a long reformat right now, should be done by tomorow am with everything to stock settings as windows 7 ultimate 64 bits does it. Ā I think I fiddled with the drive when I got it to get it to work with the hub, at the time, 3 tb was huge . . . and the hub didnā€™t like it at the beginning. Ā But I got it to work and it has worked flawlessly since untill . . . whel you know when . . . :wink:

So, when the reformat is complete, Iā€™ll re-transfer the (bout) 2td of movie data onto it, I allready reset the hub to factory and wiped the drive.

Iā€™ll make the art in one folder and see if the stock (Mochi) sees the thumbnails,if it does, Iā€™ll reinstall Black Mamba and try again.

Iā€™ll post back on the progress to let ya know.

Respect.:smiley_cat:

Diesel
The theme has no influence on the functionality. Itā€™s just the make up.
Using a 3TB drive by only loading 2TB makes it still a 3 TB drive
You should of used a USB Stick to check the general functionalit because if u have a corrupted firmware
you would have done the monkey ballet for 2 days for something you could of fixed in 20 minutes.
I suggested to load A file on the internal hard driveā€¦ If that didnā€™t work either it is the firmware most definitely.
If it worked it is your drive.

DeVicious,

Sorry you missread my post. Ā I allready ruled out the Theme. Ā I ruled out the firmware as I mentionned that it worked fine when a movie and associated files were transfered to the hub itself. Ā Thatā€™s why Iā€™m working on the drive itself.

The restore to factory and brand new formating is complete and there are no errors on the drive. Ā I have been fixing computers for the better part of 20 years and 90% of my customersā€™s problems are software, and 10% hardware so itā€™s logical to rule out software as a first step. Ā Now, I ruled out the Theme (Which is awesome BTW), I ruled out the Firmware as well, the 2 possible entities left are corrupted drive or defective drive. Ā So now, I ruled out defective now Iā€™m gonna try to just put 1 folder with 1 movie and associated files on it and see, Iā€™ll report back in a few.

Thanks again for your help.

Progress report

I made only one folder on the 3tb drive.

put 1 movie in there, named 3 different ways, did the art with Thumbgen

here is the content of the folder:

A Few Good Men (1992).BDrip.avi
A Few Good Men (1992).BDrip.avi_sheet.jpg
A Few Good Men (1992).BDrip.jpg
A Few Good Men (1992).BDrip.xml
A Few Good Men - 1992.BDrip.avi
A Few Good Men - 1992.BDrip.avi_sheet.jpg
A Few Good Men - 1992.BDrip.jpg
A Few Good Men - 1992.BDrip.xml
A.Few.Good.Men.1992.BDrip.avi
A.Few.Good.Men.1992.BDrip.avi_sheet.jpg
A.Few.Good.Men.1992.BDrip.jpg
A.Few.Good.Men.1992.BDrip.xml
folder.jpg

Keep in mind that the hub was reset to default prior to pluging in the drive, no theme present.

it worked, looked like **bleep** because the hub is getting the info from the xml and displaying it overlaying te Black Mamba background but the thumbnails are there, all 3 of them.

next, installing the theme.

will report back.

So, i shut the media library off, shut the hub off and transfered the theme onto the hub.

Keep in mind that I had the library on when I initially plugged in the drive and the hub was on default Mochi . . . I shut the library off prior to insalling Black mamba.

Turned the hub on, went the appearance and applied the Black Mamba theme.

rebooted.

it displayed everything preperly !!!

cleared the library and rebooted, the art still displayed as itā€™s supposed to do since Black mamba is designed to work without the library as well.

Now the biggie, to transfer a movie via network, from my pc to the drive connected through the hub. The media library on the hub is currently on so weā€™ll see . . .

Movie transfered via network . . .

Behind Enemy Lines - 3 - Columbia - 2009.BDrip.avi

made the art with Thumbgen over the network onto the war folder on the movie drive connected to the hub.
now gonna go see how it looks.

Worked flawlesly !

library was set to on, when I turned on the hub and went to the movie folder, there was the new movie and the thumbnail was there as well.

Yeah !!!

Now to recup, I believe the file system was corrupted on the drive, especially since it seems faster now.

So, new firmware, has no problem with a WD Element 3tb, usb 2.0 pn: wdbaau0030hbk-01

I personally want to thank you DeVicious for all the help so far, youā€™ve been a great Chap.

Now in the process of transfering my 2.61 tb of movie data and guitar lessons on the drive (connected directed to the pc . . .

I will then start the tedious process of making all my art anew (outch right there)

Can you please confirm that the vext version of the theme (Black Mamba 2.0) will be 100% compatible with the DVD art Iā€™m just about to start over ?

Thanks,

Big . . .

in your pdf instruction file you have mentioned if you want to install to a smp

then why is that

just want to know how do you put the files back to your hdd or you put the made thumbgen to the wdtv live smp

thanks

@devicious

i am using a nas drive which is connected to my network and also my smp

how do i move forward

@ Diesel

i am glad it worked out, i believe it was the 4TB drive and in which location of the drive the files are stored ā€œphysicallyā€ they probably ended up in a location where the internal file manager couldnā€™t find them but you were able to see them in Windows 64.

boxer29 wrote:

in your pdf instruction file you have mentioned if you want to install to a smp

then why is that

just want to know how do you put the files back to your hdd or you put the made thumbgen to the wdtv live smp

thanks

Dear  Boxer, besides the fact that I donā€™t understand your question and it seems you donā€™t understand my answers :smiley:

This is the WDTV Live Hub Forum, your question belongs in the SMP forum where there are people who can help you. I am not one of these people because I donā€™t have the slightest idea about the SMP nor do i understand your question even a little.

In my manual it says

I donā€™t own a SMP device, credits for these instructions go to fellow community member RITABEN who has created a forum support thread for you to share experiences and help each other out.
http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Black-Mamba-Theme/m-p/391187#M784

I understand you need help but here you wonā€™t get it because this is the Live Hub Forum and people donā€™t know squad about the SMP device. Please go to the SMP FORUM and find help there. Thank You

1 Like

Ms DeVicious, first I like to say love the theme and I appreciate the hard work you put into it. My question is how do I correct or remove the time duration that display over the top Fan Art screen shot on the movie sheet?

Inch-Hi wrote:

Ms DeVicious, first I like to say love the theme and I appreciate the hard work you put into it. My question is how do I correct or remove the time duration that display over the top Fan Art screen shot on the movie sheet?

Hello and welcome to the boardā€¦

tell me whatā€™s wrong and it tell you how to correct it :slight_smile:

Got a great question for ya,

you say ā€œBLACK MAMBA 2.0 IS COMINGā€

first, it is going to be hard to surpass 1.5 because it is truly a great theme, I love your ā€œFlavorā€ and dedication.

Since Iā€™m redoing everything from scratch, should I wait to do my ā€œartā€ for all my movies and TV series ? Ā Thereā€™s is a lot, hence the 3tb hard drive on to of the 1tb hard drive on the hub itself . . .

Thanks again.

Sorry for all the ā€œThanks and Sorryā€ Iā€™m French, itā€™s stronger than me I canā€™t help it ! Ā ;)

Diesel13 wrote:

Got a great question for ya,

you say ā€œBLACK MAMBA 2.0 IS COMINGā€

first, it is going to be hard to surpass 1.5 because it is truly a great theme, I love your ā€œFlavorā€ and dedication.

Since Iā€™m redoing everything from scratch, should I wait to do my ā€œartā€ for all my movies and TV series ?  Thereā€™s is a lot, hence the 3tb hard drive on to of the 1tb hard drive on the hub itself . . .

Thanks again.

Sorry for all the ā€œThanks and Sorryā€ Iā€™m French, itā€™s stronger than me I canā€™t help it !  ;)

This makes you the best english speaking person in France :smiley:

I can not answer your question because there will be ā€œBlack Mamba 2.0ā€ and ā€œBlack Mamba 2.0 Evolutionā€

Black Mamba 2.0 will be able to read your generated cover art just fine and it will be your choice if you want use the new sheets and cover art.

ā€œBlack Mamba 2.0 Evolutionā€ will be a different kind of system, it has a movie sheet look as well but there will be no actual movie sheet and the display of the artwork will triggered instantly. You wonā€™t be able to use your old stuff with this version.

Itā€™s basically up to you what you wanna do

LOL, Iā€™m not in France, Iā€™m French Canadian, a bit different just not so hardcore pro French.

Are we talking for a long time before the release ? Ā 

Maybe I can do some BETA testing for ya, Iā€™m a gaming BETA tester and I know all about NDA.

thanks

Rightā€¦ Too much hard Rock music for France :slight_smile:
Soā€¦ You know everything about the National Defense Act? :slight_smile:

There wonā€™t be a beta, if it works for me it works for anyone else and I specifically donā€™t want any input or Suggestions coz thatā€™s just more I have to ignore. Iā€™ll build the theme based on what I want for myself and whoever likes it can use it and who doesnā€™t like it will use a different theme, in both cases I end up without money and a theme that makes me happy :slight_smile:

DeVicious wrote:
Rightā€¦ Too much hard Rock music for France :slight_smile:
Soā€¦ You know everything about the National Defense Act? :slight_smile:

There wonā€™t be a beta, if it works for me it works for anyone else and I specifically donā€™t want any input or Suggestions coz thatā€™s just more I have to ignore. Iā€™ll build the theme based on what I want for myself and whoever likes it can use it and who doesnā€™t like it will use a different theme, in both cases I end up without money and a theme that makes me happy :slight_smile:

I like the way you think! I guess thatā€™s why i like your theme!

Cool, I sure respect your decision.

Iā€™m just anxious . . . my nature.

Have a projected release date ? Ā I think I read September somewhere, is it really that far ?

Thanks.

Big.

Hello Dev, and thank youĀ :smiley:

Ok on page 1 of this forum, the movie sheet from your screen shot of the theme with the movie sheet CONTRABAND, show the movie time duration over the fan art 1 screen shot as 1h 49m. On some of my movie sheets it show the correct time duration and some donā€™t Ā (for ex. Ā  0h 47m, Ā  for a movie thatā€™s 1hr 50min long)

Thanks in Advance.Ā 

Inch-Hi wrote:

Hello Dev, and thank you :smiley:

Ok on page 1 of this forum, the movie sheet from your screen shot of the theme with the movie sheet CONTRABAND, show the movie time duration over the fan art 1 screen shot as 1h 49m. On some of my movie sheets it show the correct time duration and some donā€™t  (for ex.   0h 47m,   for a movie thatā€™s 1hr 50min long)

Thanks in Advance. 

The duration of the movie is determined by the file. If it is showing you 47minutes instead of 1h 50 minutes this has 2 possible reasons, your movie is split in two files or the file is corrupt and shows the wrong time. In both scenarios it cannot be fixed. If I had to guess you have a VCD version of a movie where people rip the movie in 2 so it fits on 2 CD-Rā€™s. You should merge those into one file, there is plenty of free software doing that in less than 3 minutes.