Hub shows new movies but not under new items added

Hey all,

I have the recent FW but this has been happening for awhile since my 1st FW upgrade about a year ago. I also dont want to roll back my FW. I have all my media on the live hub, but every time i transfer a movie to it via USB or through LAN, they dont show up under recently added videos.

I know its a small problem to have compared to many, but it makes it easier for the folks that don’t know how to use the device. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

So if the NEW count under Videos is increasing when you add stuff, then chances are, the FILTER set in the New Items dashboard isn’t set correctly.

When going to the NEW items list in the dashboard, press the GREEN button and make sure it’s set to New VIDEOS.

thats the thing, the new count under the videos is not increasing. it always says 0 new items. been like this for ever now. I changed the folder name of my videos to movies, is there a chance that its not reading the right folder? I also changed it back and still didnt work. dont know whats going on…

Ok, let’s check a few things.

Under SETUP (and sorry, I can’t remember exactly where it is right now) there’s an option to set how long something is considered “New”  (It’s like a Day, Week, Month, Year, whatever.)  Go check that setting and make sure it’s what you expect.

Second, are you using the Media Library feature?   I believe this is required to get that to work.

Third, if all the above are already correct, and you can stomach it, try clearing the media library and let it build from scratch.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch bud! the setting was set to

new: today only

This is the only setting that doesnt work. Ive put on movies that i wanted to watch on the day of, and it always said 0 new. but this works so thanks again!