HUB and Shuffling Music Playlist

Hello,

I am pondering the purchase of a WD TV Live Hub 500GB Media Center WDBABZ5000ABK-NESN and wondering about shuffling audio playlists.  I have been searching the forums and found that there were issues with only the first 60-64 tracks being shuffled.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Discussions/Shuffle-picks-same-few-songs-from-playlists/td-p/108658

I want to make sure this has been corrected?  Shuffling large music playlists would definitely be something I plan to do a lot on it.

Thanks,
Craig

Hello, how big is your music library? 

Actually there is another bug that when shuffle plays the last song in playlist, it stops.

My music library is around 4,000 - 5,000 songs.

One example of why I want to shuffle playlists is so I can have a large playlist of music that is kid appropriate.  So I am not randomly playing songs with swearing around the kids.

foetus,

So does it still have the bug of only shuffling the first 60 tracks of the playlist and the stopping at the end issue?

Or only the stopping at the end remains as an issue?

Only the stopping at the end remains as an issue. I just play with shuffle/repat all and than it is ok.

Thanks for the info.

cmarynik wrote:

My music library is around 4,000 - 5,000 songs.

One example of why I want to shuffle playlists is so I can have a large playlist of music that is kid appropriate.  So I am not randomly playing songs with swearing around the kids.

The WD’s playlist shuffler is a bit lame, and doesn’t go too deep into a playlist to shuffle.  But, it works for albums and such.  I don’t use it, but the WD does a good job with playlists anyway.

All my 13,000 tracks of music in iTunes are not copy protected, so I have copied my iTunes library of music to my WD’s drive.  I keep it updated.  I make 100-song playlists with iTunes DJ to get a random selection, and copy the playlists to the WD drive and play them whenever I want to.  (Since they are randomized, they don’t need to be shuffled.) I make new ones when they get used up.  This is how I do it, but anyone can pick and choose stuff and put it in a playlist and shuffle that playlist w/iTunes  and copy the playlist to the WD drive.