How To Wake From Hibernate

Hi all
I have 2 mycloud drive if I put them in to hibernate thought the menu
how do I wake them again

1 Like

You put them into Hibernate from the menu? Which My Cloud unit are you using? The single drive My Cloud units (at least v4.x OS versions) do not have an option to put the unit into “hibernate”.

I think he means shutdown

Shutdown is very different from hibernate.

The only way to “wake up” a My Cloud (currently) from a shutdown state is to remove then reapply power. There is previous discussion on this inability to wake from a shutdown state in the following thread:

https://community.wd.com/t/mycloud-startup-shutdown-using-an-ipad/148423

hi I have a my clould mirror 12TB and a my cloud mirror 6TB and in the dashboard there is a option to hibernate when I use this can not find a way to wake drives (OS Windows 10)

1 Like

You may want to ask your question in the dedicated My Cloud Mirror subforum were people may have more experience with the Mirror, rather than this My Cloud subforum which is mainly for the single bay/drive My Cloud devices.

https://community.wd.com/c/personal-cloud-storage/wd-my-cloud-mirror

1 Like

I think the answer is to push the hidden power button on the front. At least in my case with EX2100.

People here often seem to assume that the person asking the question has the same model and software that they do.

The single bay My Cloud units do not have a power button or on/off switch on the unit. There is only a reset button on the back of the device. The My Cloud Mirror and the My Cloud EX2 Ultra like wise do not appear to have a power button or on/off button on the unit. The My Cloud EX2100, My Cloud EX4100, My Cloud DL2100 and My Cloud DL4100 all appear to have a prominent power button on the front on the unit/device.

All you, actually need to do is to send proper magic packet.
Proper meaning that it’ll contain MAC of your MyCloud EX2 and broadcast IP (it’ll, most commonly be x.x.x.255, where x.x.x is the beginning of the IP addresses in your network; though broadcast address might differ, and might require some calculations).
You can easily find an utility for desired OS, capable of sending magic packets.
Tested: MyCloud EX2 with 2.12.127 firmware, wakes up from magic packet sent by OS X command-line utility, with no problem.

That will only work (if I remember correctly) if one’s My Cloud model supports Wake-on-Lan (WoL). Problem is the single bay/single drive My Cloud units (the general subject of this subforum) do not support/have the WoL option.

We single bay My Cloud users are forced to rely on other methods (like “smart plugs”) to find ways of rebooting or starting up the My Cloud once it has been shut down.