How to use a disk with pre loaded content on the WD My Cloud EX2 Ultra

I have two 3 TB WD Red disks with content (media files and the like).
The disks are formatted as EXT4 and were being used on an Ubuntu System.

I want them to be now loaded into the two bays of the EX2 Ultra and in doing so do not want any RAID configurations. I just want the content accessible over my local network as a network share.

When I load the disk, it shows the disk status as good, but does not allow me to chare content as it shows no volumes when I try to create a share. The disk LED at the front is red even if the disk is fine.

Do I need to set it up as a JBOD on each disk so that they are just independent disks?
Will doing so erase the content ?

What is the procedure to set up the disk as JBOD and then get the content on to them?
If I am to reformat and copy data its a lot of data and time-consuming exercise plus I need additional disks to copy it out and back again.

Please advise.

Where did these disks come from? Do they have an ex2 operating system on at least one of them?
You need to get the data off of one of the disks so you can unbrick your ex2 to that disk. Then you should be able to put the other disk in the ex2.

Like other mycloud units, the disks inside the EX2-Ultra stores its OS, It is not rom hosted.

As such, without abusing a port replicator you are not going to get more than 2 sata disks, and that means independent jbod is not going to be a thing.

Thanks for the quick response. These disks are not from any My Cloud. They are disks I use on my Desktop that has a Disk Tray that allows me to push on and pull out my disks.
So I have content on them and wanted to put them into my EX2 Ultra and share on my local network.

Thanks fro explaining that the EX2 does not come with a ROM and so needs the minimal OS used by the EX2 to be installed on the disk. That explains why I am unable to use the external disks I wanted to use with existing content on then even if its formatted as an EXT4. The unfortunate part is that, given this, I need to buy additional disks to plug into the EX2, setup the OS and RAID and then copy data into the disk which would be a time-consuming process to transfer 2 to 3 TB of data into the new disk with the additional cost. I wish I could install the OS on disk connect to the USB port and if so avoid all the work of making a backup setting up the disks on the EX2 and restoring the data back.
Form what you are saying I infer that I can not set up disks in the two bays as JBOD and get 6 TB of storage using two 3 TB disks, It will need to be RAID 0 (stripped to get appx 6 TB minus the OS) or use RADI 1 and get 3 TB with the second disk being the mirror