How to upgrade to Beta firmware

Hi I download the 3 files for beta firmware and put all three files on usb. But the wdtv doesn’t detect the files. I tried everything and read all the forums but no luck. Does anybody have any step by step instructions on how to upgrade to beta firmware?

sillyha wrote:

Hi I download the 3 files for beta firmware and put all three files on usb. But the wdtv doesn’t detect the files. I tried everything and read all the forums but no luck. Does anybody have any step by step instructions on how to upgrade to beta firmware?

What firmware do you have now and what beta are you upgrading too. I assume that you have a live and not a live plus.

Have you put all 3 files in the root of the USB drive.

Well I’m in same boat, my current firmware is 1.01.24 and I’m upgrading to 1.03.29 but with no luck. I extracted the 3 files as instructed into my root (high level) of my usb and still can’t see it under Setting Menu.

By the way I have WD TV™ Live HD Media Player.

Thanks,

Mike

***** Update ***********

I think I figured it out now, I was looking at the firmware that belong to WD Live HD PLUS which I don’t have. I found the firmware for my devide and it’s version 1.02.21 and it worked fine.

Thanks again.