How to transfer registration of WD drive

I’m selling my external hard drive but it’s been registered to my account. Is there a way to unregister it and have it registered to another account?

Hello,

I believe you have to contact support directly in order to get assistance with this.

Contact WD

fmartinezjr wrote:

I’m selling my external hard drive but it’s been registered to my account. Is there a way to unregister it and have it registered to another account?

Our registration and warranty go with the physical drive.  They will be able to register the product for themselves.

Hi I would make sure you can even transfer a used hard drive warranty to another person. If you remember the warranty is for the original purchaser only.

Hammey wrote:

Hi I would make sure you can even transfer a used hard drive warranty to another person. If you remember the warranty is for the original purchaser only.

Actually, if you personally sell a WD device to someone, they would only get the rest of the warranty that currently exists on the drive. That includes selling something on eBay. It is only when a new product is sold by a reseller that you get the full warranty starting on the purchase date. On some of our products, if they are still in warranty, you may be able to purchase a warranty extension.  But you would need to check our support site for which products that’s available on.