How to see Movie Sheets via browsing network share?

I have replaced an ACRyan media player for a WD TV live Streaming unit.  On my ACRyan I could browse my movie files stored on my NAS and see the movie sheets/cover images.  Pressing play from the folder, played the movie inside the folder.

I understand I can use the MY Media Library on the WDTV unit, but am I able to get it to work like my old ACRyan unit by just browsing files on my NAS?

Standard Moviesheets on WDTV will Not display while browsing movies in individual folders

Can non-standard movie sheets be shown then?

Can non-standard movie sheets be shown then?

Yep, they’re called “Linksheets”   but that’s a whole different kettle of fish.

P.S. If you’re hoping to use you ACRYAN Moviesheets with a WDTV device … forget it

you need an XML to go with your movie file eg. The Dark Knight.xml

which contains a reference link to the Moviesheet. eg The Dark Knight_sheet.jpg

so, you need the xml and the moviesheet to reside next to the movie file to display

eg. simple one level folder structure

MOVIES  ---- main folder

Contents of the MOVIE main folder

The Dark Knight.mkv

The Dark Knight.jpg

The Dark Knight.xml

The Dark Knight_sheet.jpg

eg. simple two level folder structure

MOVIES  ---- main folder

ACTION  ---- genre subfolder

Contents of the ACTION subfolder

The Dark Knight.mkv

The Dark Knight.jpg

The Dark Knight.xml

The Dark Knight_sheet.jpg

Use the “Search” function on this forum for more info.

Ok, thanks.  Looks like it is not worthwhile to use due to a 30MB limit on the SMP for linksheets?  Was I reading it right?

john_h wrote:

Ok, thanks.  Looks like it is not worthwhile to use due to a 30MB limit on the SMP for linksheets?  Was I reading it right?

well that depends

linksheets can work on SMP, but requires hacking the device

if you’re interested visit the homebrew forum

if not, stick with XML based sheets

Take a look at the Themes for the SMP, Dark NIght, Mojo or CoCo. This is what you are looking for. I like the Themes over using My Media Library.

@vakeda1

It’s called " Darklight"  not  “Dark Night”

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Darklight-for-SMP-Beta-UPDATED-9-10-2012/m-p/407350/highlight/true#M8760

@JoeySmyth

Your absolutely right. Just got done reading your one replay and it stuck in my head.

you mean " reply" :wink:

Im trying out Mojo theme and doing a reorg of my movies as they are all in individual folders ATM