How to scale a support request - Support is taking too long to give a solution - RED NAS HD warranty

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem related to a support case I open to get support for a NAS hard drive that is still under warranty. My drive failed and it is installed in a RAID1 configuration, so the volume is now degraded. The case was open on 27th March because I need to change my country in order to open an RMA. When I open my WD account in 2009 I was living in Spain. I moved to Singapore recently, which is actually the country where I purchased this RED internal drive. However, a user cannot change the profile to set another country. Thus, I cannot update my delivery address. Besides, the product states an OUT OF REGION notice so I am not sure whether the RMA will be succesful once it is requested.

The WD support team has been trying to assist on this. First of all, they requested a valid proof of purchase. On 31st March, I sent back one of those thermal receipts that usually don’t last very much (ink used to be erased in a short term). It could be guessed both the item and date of purchase though. However, WD Support did not accept it. After addressing the problem to my local dealer, they managed to provide an invoice copy to me. I sent it to WD and they finally accept to handle the case on 7th April. On 14th April they contact again to confirm that the item profile has been updated so RMA can be requested. The OUT OF REGION notice is still there but it seems I am able to open an RMA. But, the country in my profile is set to Spain yet, so I cannot update my address to my current country before requesting an RMA. On 15th April I contacted WD againg to let them know that my country must be updated to move this topic forward. On 19th April they answer again saying that the country has been changed to Singapore so I reply to inform that these country updated are not working. Thus, I ask them to remove my items from my current account so I can register another one from Singapore and re-add the products I purchased here in this new account. I am still waiting for a response and my HD has been degraded for about a month…

Do note that I had to send some reminders for receiving an answer to some of my enquiries and I see no solution in a near future. WD is trying help updating my profile to my current location but it seems they are not double checking such a change, because they tried twice but old country information remains. On top of this, they are not providing any workaround. In fact, I was the one who had to provide an alternative (open a new account and re-register the product) in order to move forward. In the meantime, we have crossed several emails and I am spending WD’s support resources for an issue that it should be easier to manage. Replies are taking quite long. I believe they are trying to help as much as they can but perhaps they do not have the proper tools and resources to do it.

I wonder whether it is possible to write or call somewhere else in order to escalate this issue or whether any support supervisor reads this forum so this topic can move forward. I would appreciate if the community can help, should you have experienced something similar.

Just in case the support team check this, this is related to the case number [Deleted]

Cheers,
Cesar

Hello,

We have passed this along to support. Someone will contact you soon.

Hi Hamlet,

They did. I was able to create the RMA at last. Anyway, I must say that I am sadly dissapointed with the support feedback. This is the very first time that I have to ask for support to WD. The response time was very slow. It took about a month for a quite simple and basic process to start. The corrections needed in my account that were supposed to be done by them were not even checked. None of them worked at all. No solution was really given and I actually had to do a workaround that I suggested to them: creating another account from my current country and re-register the products again. I hope it is just an isolated case and I wish the next time it works faster and better.

Thanks for your help trying to expedite this, Hamlet.